The Student Room Group

What can we do to stop Brexit?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zigglr
We can't allow the old people and pub plebs to ruin everything for the young generation. Is there anything we can do to stop brexit?

You do nothing, you let the uk leave the Eu and then you'll be grateful for the benefits
Failing to see how it is undemocratic to reject the worst thing that could possibly happen to the UK, but okay
Original post by Craig1998
Move to Scotland, who will more than likely vote to leave the UK then join the EU.

Thats my plan now anyway.

That's only if sturgeon can secure another referendum. When she got the last one, she was told it would be the one and only and something tells me that Westminster won't allow it.
we can't do anything, to stop leave would be stopping democracy.
What can you do about it you say?

Nothing.
Stop crying about it. Who won, won. Would you want Switzerland to play against Poland again just so Switzerland win this time? Nah that doesn't seem fair does it now...
Original post by TheWetNoodle
What can you do about it you say?

Nothing.
Stop crying about it. Who won, won. Would you want Switzerland to play against Poland again just so Switzerland win this time? Nah that doesn't seem fair does it now...

But if Poland won because they were cheating people wouldn't want the game to be replayed they'd want the result reserved.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by James82
The Spanish government and every news outlet in the world.

An actual link to a source.. cant seem to find anyting on google news.
Original post by 09craige
That's only if sturgeon can secure another referendum. When she got the last one, she was told it would be the one and only and something tells me that Westminster won't allow it.

Well the Scottish people clearly want to stay in the EU, and it would be pretty undemocratic for them to get what they want.
I'm Scottish and I can't wait to leave
Well the Scottish people clearly want to stay in the EU, and it would be pretty undemocratic for them to get what they want.
Original post by 09craige
I'm Scottish and I can't wait to leave

I'm talking about the Scottish overall, it was a remain majority in Scotland.
Build a time machine (if you can). And use it ( if it works).

1466939924682.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tanyapotter
Failing to see how it is undemocratic to reject the worst thing that could possibly happen to the UK, but okay

Is it true that Scotland or the majority of Scottish is against the Brexit? or is it just a rumour outside of the UK?
Original post by zigglr
We can't allow the old people and pub plebs to ruin everything for the young generation. Is there anything we can do to stop brexit?

What a contemptuous opening post
1) Labour get a new, pro EU leader. A general election is called. Labour win and ignore the referendum. Remember that Brexit constantly banged on about Parliamentary supremacy. We can see some of that in action.

2) Another referendum once our negotiation with the EU has taken place. People will see what a bad situation the UK will end up in. Or they'll see that for the UK to continue to perform as well as it has been, we need to work with the EU... which means things like free movement etc.

Likelihood of these things happening? God knows.
An actual link to a source.. cant seem to find anyting on google news.

The main reason why Spain wouldn't allow it as they are in a similar position with Catalonia wanting independence from Spain. If Spain happily let Scotland join the EU it would give the people who want Catalonia to be independent a precedent in being able to join the EU.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/17/spain-independent-scotland-years-eu-membership
- it's from the 2014 independence referendum but still relevant.
Why are immigrants allowed to vote?

People should have lived here more than a year to be able to vote it's ridiculous.

Why are these people allowed to influence the future of our people? their history, their heritage is not here. Ours is.
Original post by Alright2bWhite
Why are immigrants allowed to vote?

People should have lived here more than a year to be able to vote it's ridiculous.

Why are these people allowed to influence the future of our people? their history, their heritage is not here. Ours is.

I thought people had to stay here for a lot longer than a year to be able to vote, can anyone back this up. Thought it was nearer to 10 years or something like that.
Reply 57
Original post by Kallisto
Is it true that Scotland or the majority of Scottish is against the Brexit? or is it just a rumour outside of the UK?

Yup that's true.

Cl2qssnVAAAm4Oc.jpg
Original post by jneill
Yup that's true.

Cl2qssnVAAAm4Oc.jpg

I see. So the people in yellow areas are against Brexit, am I right? hmmm... I wonder whether single countries of the UK - like Scotland - may turn the scale, even if after the voting. I mean Great Britain is a unit of four countries. Could this lead to trouble?
Original post by Kallisto

Yes, it is true.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending