The Student Room Group

Electrical/Electronic Engineering job with no experience?

delete
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Namod
I completed a BEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering degree at a highly ranked university and I am expected a first. I recently finished my exams but I am finding it really hard to find a job.

I have applied to 50+ graduate schemes before my exams. About 10 of them phone/video interviewed me but they rejected me and gave no feedback. I believe the main reason I got rejected was because I had no experience (done no internship or work).

Since graduate schemes did not work, I am now applying for jobs using sites like totaljobs but it is not working. I am interested in any graduate jobs related to what I studied, i.e. IT, engineering, finance...

I have no idea what to do. Should I continue applying for jobs using sites like totaljobs? What should I do?

Please help.

If they were going to reject you for not having experience, they probably would not have gave you interviews.

Start networking and contacting companies directly. Lots of people are using the likes of totaljobs, and it can be hard to stand out from the crowd there.
Original post by Namod
Done this but still haven't found anything.
I did just 2 interviews since then. But they were really small companies and they didn't even know what we learnt at university so they ask random questions that was not even related to what we learnt.

please help.

Erm, you should expect questions to be on anything and everything. It's an interview after all, they're testing how well you think on your feet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending