The Student Room Group

online dating issue

So I met this guy on a dating website and we were talking for weeks but just before our first date he texted me to say that he had met someone else and wants to concentrate on that and he wished me good luck in my search. I sent him another message basically explaining that i was a bit hurt by his actions and he said I'm really very sorry, all the best.

A week after this happened, I see him on the dating website again and see that he has checked out my profile but he's also changed his biography which leads me to suspect that he is looking for someone else. After seeing his new biography i just can't figure out whether he is seeing another person like he told me or whether he was lying and just wanted to get rid of me?

What do you guys think?

Also i really want to message him - i did say to him that if his circumstances change I think it would be good to meet and see if there is anything between us. He's looked my profile but hasn't messaged me and he's deleted me off whatsapp. Is it ok to message him on the website saying hi how are you or is this coming off as desperate. I don't know what to do and I really like this guy a lot.
Reply 1
Honestly I would park it. Dating is fraught with disappointment. His message was a pretty clear rejection but at least politely given. Far better to start off with someone who is enthusiastic. Get going on a Plan B..
Reply 2
Original post by Zarek
Honestly I would park it. Dating is fraught with disappointment. His message was a pretty clear rejection but at least politely given. Far better to start off with someone who is enthusiastic. Get going on a Plan B..

thanks for your reply. the only problem is that after he texted me to tell me about this other person, I said "just to make sure we're on the same page you definitely do not want to meet and there is definitely no future here". He then replied I'm really very sorry I've tried to tell you I've met someone else, all the best.

Does this sound pretty final to you? I'm worried that I'm overthinking because i keep wondering why he didn't just straight-out say no i don't want to meet.
Reply 3
[QUOTE=Anonymous;66102663]thanks for your reply. the only problem is that after he texted me to tell me about this other person, I said "just to make sure we're on the same page you definitely do not want to meet and there is definitely no future here". He then replied I'm really very sorry I've tried to tell you I've met someone else, all the best.

Does this sound pretty final to you? I'm worried that I'm overthinking because i keep wondering why he didn't just straight-out say no i don't want to meet.
It does sound pretty final. He's just trying to give a tactful message. The only hope is (and it is a tiny one) is to leave the ball in his court and see if he gets back to you again. In my experience the good relationships start with mutual enthusiasm and no angst. Go after this..
Just forget about him.

Do not message him again and move on, because you're way better than chasing an idiot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No need to call someone an idiot just because they aren't interested. It's their choice.
Just find someone else, plenty of fish in the sea
You were sounding quite desperate ngl

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending