The Student Room Group

Educational psychology doctorate 2016/17

Any trainee EPs out there that could advise me on what is best to include on my personal statement.
Any recommendations on what rs papers to include that 'stand out' and exemplify applied ep within education and practice. Ive read that it is best to include 2 thouroughly as oppose to lots. Is this correct?
I was thinking of structuring the relevant skills part by identifying key areas within the ep role as subheadings and give examples of how my skills/experience match these?

Any advice would be so helpful. Thanks!
Reply 1
HI Abbie

I'm also applying this year and am struggling with writing my personal statement. To be honest, I know what I want to write, but am struggling to get it started.....

Any one else applying or been through the process and have some words of wisdom?

You need to focus on how you've used psychology in your practice (whatever that may be), so you don't necessarily need to discuss one or two psychological studies and how they relate to educational practice. You also need to show how you've got the skills necessary to become an EP
Reply 3
Thanks for the tip, I think I have done that. But then I have a bad habit of not explaining things fully....
Reply 4
Original post by Abbie_eb
Any trainee EPs out there that could advise me on what is best to include on my personal statement.
Any recommendations on what rs papers to include that 'stand out' and exemplify applied ep within education and practice. Ive read that it is best to include 2 thouroughly as oppose to lots. Is this correct?
I was thinking of structuring the relevant skills part by identifying key areas within the ep role as subheadings and give examples of how my skills/experience match these?

Any advice would be so helpful. Thanks!

Hi Abbie, I am interested in doing a PhD in educational psychology. May I ask what route / qualifications / experience do you have to get at the stage of applying? thanks
Original post by salsabil
Hi Abbie, I am interested in doing a PhD in educational psychology. May I ask what route / qualifications / experience do you have to get at the stage of applying? thanks

You need a psychology degree and relevant work experience (at least 2yrs mostly)

Quick Reply

Latest