The Student Room Group

Inter deanery transfer

Hi,
I am currently an F2 and startingmy GP training in August. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with IDTs.
I am planning on getting married next summer and ideally want to apply for an IDT as my partner is form a different city.
I have had a look at the National IDT website which is very useful, it states;

'Trainees must have been in their current training programme and in their current region for at least 9 months at the point of application'

The application round opens in February if you want an August transfer.

My issue is, if I apply in February, I would of only been in the training programme for 6 months, even though at the time of transfer I would of hopefully completed a year.

Does anyone know how strict they are with the rules? the area I want to transfer to isn't very competitive and given that it is GP I think there will likely be empty vacancies.

Any help or advice will be appreciated :smile:

Thank you
Reply 1
Why didn't you apply for GP training where your partner is?

It can't hurt for you to apply, but they may just reject you straight out for not meeting the criteria. Contact your deanery and the one you'd be applying to and see what they say.
Isn't there currently a second round of GP applications for August? Can't you ask to switch into one of those jobs in the area you want?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending