The Student Room Group

who else is disgusted by young peoples attitude to the referendum?

Scroll to see replies

That is extremely insulting, not only to young people, 75% of which voted remain, also to the passionate 16 to 17 year olds such as myself who were denied the vote.

We have absolutely every right to be angry about this terrible outcome

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alexion
I'm disgusted by u tbh

So you think there should be a second referendum because you didn't win and you think elderly people shouldn't vote. Then you're a fascist.
Original post by rosietaylor16
That is extremely insulting, not only to young people, 75% of which voted remain, also to the passionate 16 to 17 year olds such as myself who were denied the vote.

We have absolutely every right to be angry about this terrible outcome

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jesus, next time people are going to say 12 yr olds should be allowed to vote.
18 is the right age.
Why do so many of my generation think they're more experienced or know more about everything than people who have lived twice/thrice longer. It just proves idea that under 18's are immature.
Original post by The person
So you think there should be a second referendum because you didn't win and you think elderly people shouldn't vote. Then you're a fascist.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: #logic
I'm more disgusted with the xenophobic Brexiters who are telling British BAME (Black Asian Minority Ethnic) people to "go back to their country".
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Tbh there were so many young people who didn't vote. I was pretty surprised how so many young people reacted. My fb timeline is just people whining and describing leave voters as all racist.

Same thing with Twitter.

I swear to God some teenagers in my generation are so bloody entitled it's disgusting. I've lost count on the number of tweets from teenagers slating the older people for voting leave because leaving doesn't change their life but changes younger generations.

It was on LBC the other day as well. Some 17 year old came on and said the same thing and was ripped into it by the presenter and was called selfish and ignorant.

Considering she was calling for older people to be banned from voting, I agree with the presenter wholeheartedly.
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Tbh there were so many young people who didn't vote. I was pretty surprised how so many young people reacted. My fb timeline is just people whining and describing leave voters as all racist.

My point exactly. Thats why I believe that voting should be compulsory.
I am so ashamed to be a millennial right now, that they would sell us down the river for trinkets over 800 years of British constitutional law and that they are indignant enough to complain when the democratic process disagrees with them.
In what way does 16/17 year olds voting then entail 12 year olds voting? That would be ridiculous, people of my age voting is not. 16/17 year olds voted in the Scottish referendum, the majority of which intelligently voting to remain part of the UK. I also strongly believe that the majority of 16 and 17 year olds had a far greater understanding of the consequences than many of the older members of the population, not to mention how many of them will be dead before they are subject to the result.
Original post by rosietaylor16
In what way does 16/17 year olds voting then entail 12 year olds voting? That would be ridiculous, people of my age voting is not. 16/17 year olds voted in the Scottish referendum, the majority of which intelligently voting to remain part of the UK. I also strongly believe that the majority of 16 and 17 year olds had a far greater understanding of the consequences than many of the older members of the population, not to mention how many of them will be dead before they are subject to the result.

You won't believe what idiotic things people have said. People have said that 14 yr olds should be allowed to vote because "it affects their future". So my point is aimed at those people.
And also, if you think 16 yr olds should be allowed to vote. Why not 15 yr olds?
If 18 year olds are allowed to vote why not 17 year olds? Your point is irrelevant

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Razamataz666
after seeing all the calls for a new referendum and the outcry against the DEMOCRATICALLY decided election, especially, if not exclusively, from vocal young people i cant help but be disgusted at my generations lack of common sense and decency.

Saying that because we will deal with consequences longest only we should vote makes me sick. Saying that those who fought for the freedom to have this decision 70 years ago shouldn't have the RIGHT to VOTE is disgusted and highlights two things about our generation. We are ungrateful and cant take a hit. so anyone who actually believes in this nonsense of a statement i ask you one question, should you have the right to deny democracy to those who fought for that very thing? and if so why?

It was not an election, it was a referendum. It was not legally binding and the result wasn't based on facts, therefore you have nothing to whine about.

Nobody ever said that old people shouldnt have a right to vote either.

Who else is disgusted by Nigel Farage's comment 'without a single bullet being fired'? I wouldn't mind someone firing a bullet at him just to remind him what happened.
(edited 7 years ago)
Saying that because we will deal with consequences longest only we should vote makes me sick. Saying that those who fought for the freedom to have this decision 70 years ago shouldn't have the RIGHT to VOTE is disgusted and highlights two things about our generation. We are ungrateful and cant take a hit. so anyone who actually believes in this nonsense of a statement i ask you one question, should you have the right to deny democracy to those who fought for that very thing? and if so why?

Get down from your high horse. If you'd actually bothered to check, you'd find that the people that fought for that freedom (80+) largely voted to stay in.
Original post by JordanL_
Get down from your high horse. If you'd actually bothered to check, you'd find that the people that fought for that freedom (80+) largely voted to stay in.

any evidense? no, but i have some - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36619342

people over the age of 65 voted to leave actually. oh and i'm not on a high horse but i do believe any WW2 vet deserves to be, they have done more for this country than you will ever do.

people over the age of 65 voted to leave actually. oh and i'm not on a high horse but i do believe any WW2 vet deserves to be, they have done more for this country than you will ever do.

Most people over the age of 65 werent alive during WW2. WW2 ended 70 years ago. Youd have to be abkut 85 to have actually fought.

If you care that much about WW2 veterans, maybe you should find out what they actually think before using them to push your agenda.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-second-world-war-veterans-come-out-against-brexit-a7019646.html
Original post by JordanL_
Most people over the age of 65 werent alive during WW2. WW2 ended 70 years ago. Youd have to be abkut 85 to have actually fought.

of corse but does being 85 make you older than 65? goodness me. you still havent given me evidence.
(edited 7 years ago)
after seeing all the calls for a new referendum and the outcry against the DEMOCRATICALLY decided election, especially, if not exclusively, from vocal young people i cant help but be disgusted at my generations lack of common sense and decency.

The youth are so delicate now a days because they've been brought up in a fairy dream land where everything is great, easy and done for them. (Not all youth, but the ones complaining at democracy in action.) They're throwing their toys out of the pram because they didn't get their own way. Spoilt brats.
of corse but does being 85 make you older than 65? goodness me. you still havent given me evidence.

................Right, but most people older than 65 did not fight in WW2...............................
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending