The Student Room Group

Career prospects after univeristy

Hi everyone!

I'm currently studying business and management at the moment but I have no clue as to what career I would like to pursue after univeristy, I have a great interest in property and media, what jobs could I get in these sectors? I would like to have a well paid job (in the future so I would like to do a masters degree also) any suggestions on jobs and what master degrees?

Thank you🤗🤗
Original post by milliekateevans
Hi everyone!

I'm currently studying business and management at the moment but I have no clue as to what career I would like to pursue after univeristy, I have a great interest in property and media, what jobs could I get in these sectors? I would like to have a well paid job (in the future so I would like to do a masters degree also) any suggestions on jobs and what master degrees?

Thank you🤗🤗

Go to your University Careers Centre, it's all laid out for you there! You are paying for it!
Hi everyone!

Thank you🤗🤗

I wouldn't just jump into a masters without figuring out what you want to do first - it's a waste of resources.

Google up the two career areas and see what interests you; also check out sites like prospects, all about careers, student ladder etc..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone!

Thank you🤗🤗

As others have said it will be worth getting down to your uni careers service because they can help you with everything from what jobs you can consider to writing an application when the time comes. It's also worth doing googling jobs in property and media, seeing the job descriptions and what skills & experience they require. It's crucial whilst your at university you get work experience of some kind, employers don't like someone with no real world experience at all. Having a masters doesn't automatically mean you get a better paying job, in fact it doesn't compensate for deficiencies elsewhere e.g. lack of work experience or poor application.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Any job with the words 'graduate management trainee' or variations of that would immediately link to the course you're studying but it's better to research jobs in the field that interests you and gettng a feel for what they involve so you have some more understanding of whether they would interest you

Quick Reply