The Student Room Group

i need help on job applications please

ok people, ive been looking for a job for ages and i need someone to help me to fil in an application in a pro way. recently, i think it was 8 staff that got the sack, and one of them i kind of knew, so she told everyone about the incident. now this is where i want you people to help.

this is what it states in the application

'As a company we believe life is too short to spend it doing something you don't enjoy, and we believe it takes a special kind of person to enjoy retail. you have got to love people, be energised by the pace and be crazy about the merchandise and most of all crave the next challange.

if you feel the above statement motivates you and you would like to become part of the team, please tell us in no more than 50 words why you would make a (the company's name) college?'

i would be greatful if someone can answer the obove for me.
thankyou
Reply 1
No-one on here is going to answer that for you, we could give you some tips though.

-say what you know of retail and why you think you'd enjoy it
-attribute likeing energetic environments to other atmospheres you've been in, talk from experience
-talk about your view on customers, depending on whether you've worked in retail before will determine the angle you take
-talk about what you know of the company and say why you'd think you'd fit in, ie the company and you share the same qualities of valuing work and enjoying what you do etc etc.
Reply 2
ok people, here comes a TELELPHONE interview, now i know what its going to be about (selling items, retail based, and also target based i think) so i was just wondering what kind of questions will they ask me on the phone, and what kind of answers will they require???

i need to know before half an hour, as i got mine at about 3ish, so please help me out.
Reply 4
sniper999
ok people, here comes a TELELPHONE interview, now i know what its going to be about (selling items, retail based, and also target based i think) so i was just wondering what kind of questions will they ask me on the phone, and what kind of answers will they require???

i need to know before half an hour, as i got mine at about 3ish, so please help me out.

If this job involves working in a target-based sales environment, and 8 people have just been sacked from identical positions, I think you should ask yourself whether you want to be working in an environment where, if you can't meet targets they set, you'll be sacked.
Reply 5
i had to answer that question on my application, it was worded like exactly ythe same so i guess u applied to big w? or woolworths or something like that. What questions came up in your interview? Cos i sent my application and just wondered in case i get an interview. Thanks.

Btw i just mentioned about myself and what i'd bring to the team. YOu cant write much in 50 words.
Reply 6
andy_
i had to answer that question on my application, it was worded like exactly ythe same so i guess u applied to big w? or woolworths or something like that. What questions came up in your interview? Cos i sent my application and just wondered in case i get an interview. Thanks.

Btw i just mentioned about myself and what i'd bring to the team. YOu cant write much in 50 words.

good guess mate, it was big w, i got a letter sent back sayin sum shit like 'unfortunatly u aint got the position; or sumin like that, i didnt actually give a shit, ive recieved so many letter saying the same thing, i just bored of reading the same thing from diff companoies over and over again, i just look for one word, either 'congratualations' or 'unfortunately' and then chuch the paper away. :tongue:

i wasnt that fused cuz i was rewarded for my patients bY God with a better more relaxed job :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending