The Student Room Group

No more A2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ladymusiclover
Who changed this? Michael Gove? It was better with doing AS .

Not sure about who changed it but yeah it was so much better with AS.
Original post by Shazen
Oh ok that's good. You know if you do further maths AS, can't you carry it on as a whole A-Level?

yes you can but i had to self teach it so i figured it was too risky as i didn't want my uni place relying on me successfully self teaching the A2 content as well, so i just did AS.. if you really like maths then further maths is a good idea !
Original post by fefssdf
yes you can but i had to self teach it so i figured it was too risky as i didn't want my uni place relying on me successfully self teaching the A2 content as well, so i just did AS.. if you really like maths then further maths is a good idea !

Oh thanks say if a university requires A*AA and you get like A*AACC is that acceptable since you got A*AA?
Original post by fefssdf
pretty much all schools will just do the full A-level and not bother with AS, so you just sit the exams in year 13 and get a whole A-level :smile:

This year over half of schools still opted to enter candidates for reformed AS levels.
Original post by Shazen
Oh thanks say if a university requires A*AA and you get like A*AACC is that acceptable since you got A*AA?

erm unis will only want 3 A-levels so yeh if you got A*AA then they'd accept you but why would you do an extra 2 A-levels ??/
Original post by fefssdf
erm unis will only want 3 A-levels so yeh if you got A*AA then they'd accept you but why would you do an extra 2 A-levels ??/

I don't know I was just wondering what universities would do.
Original post by SmallTown
Does this mean that exam boards have already created new revision guides for the new full A-level or you still need to buy AS+A2 revision guides?

Yep
And more are to come

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest