The Student Room Group

Could I still get into uni?

I have finished my A Level exams and I know there is no point in worrying until I get my results but I kind of want to be prepared. Last year I got ABBC and I was predicted A*AB this year. I want to study English Literature and Philosophy at York (AAB) or Sheffield (ABB). I do A Level maths, English Lit and Politics. My A Level Politics and English Lit exams went really well and I think I will get an A and an A/A* respectively. However, maths went terrible and I'm going to get C/D most likely a D. I got an A* in my EPQ which was a philosophical investigation linking closely to my course I want to study. I also have general studies which I will get an A/B in.
If I get A*A*AAC/D and want to study English Literature and Philosophy, do you think I have a chance of still getting in?
Original post by meganwri
I have finished my A Level exams and I know there is no point in worrying until I get my results but I kind of want to be prepared. Last year I got ABBC and I was predicted A*AB this year. I want to study English Literature and Philosophy at York (AAB) or Sheffield (ABB). I do A Level maths, English Lit and Politics. My A Level Politics and English Lit exams went really well and I think I will get an A and an A/A* respectively. However, maths went terrible and I'm going to get C/D most likely a D. I got an A* in my EPQ which was a philosophical investigation linking closely to my course I want to study. I also have general studies which I will get an A/B in.
If I get A*A*AAC/D and want to study English Literature and Philosophy, do you think I have a chance of still getting in?

Have a look at at entry requirements, particularly for the universities you're interested in, how they feel about general studies etc. I'd tell you if I knew more about this subject, but that's your starter for 10.
Original post by meganwri

Original post by SeanFM
Have a look at at entry requirements, particularly for the universities you're interested in, how they feel about general studies etc. I'd tell you if I knew more about this subject, but that's your starter for 10.

Given SeanFM's pointer, it appears that Sheffield accept General Studies so with those results you would be in there - unless your offer varies from the norm in this case. York don't accept GS, but with A*AC you might still get a place though no one can tell you for certain till results day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending