Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Writing a book

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Hi i am writing a book and i need feedback on my first draft, i'm going to post my first two chapters can someone check them?

This is the part.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx Chapter 1 and 2.docx (148.3 KB, 21 views)

I like it, good detail and I like the time it's set in and the character you've created. It needs a little work still, you used where instead of were early on and you might want to consider using more commas instead of full stops in the first paragraph.

Other than that I think it's a great start and I look forward to reading the rest 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.