Hi, I read a book a couple years back and really enjoyed it, but for the life of me can't remember the title of said book. Below is the few plot points I remember. If anyone could help me with the title I'd be really grateful I think the front cover might have had a bird on the front but I'm not sure...
- Set in England
- Boy has terminal illness (can't remember the exact type), moves to the country for a bit with his mother
- At a nearby manor house? he spots a portrait of a girl who died in the Spanish Flu 1918
- He starts having flashbacks to a "life" he had in the early 1900s, during WWI, he starts seeing the girl and talking to her
- Eventually he ends up dying and "stepping outside time" with her.
Key Scenes I remember:
- Near the end of the book the "WW1" versionl of him is sleeping in a barn with a fellow junior Officer when suddenly a mortar shell lands on the barn, killing them both.
Book Title? Terminally Ill School Boy time travel/connection to WW1 Officer
|TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >>||17-10-2016|