The Student Room Group

Vet Med EPQ?

I am having trouble choosing the general topic for a veterinary themed EPQ. There are plenty of examples and resources for medicine but not so much for vet med. I was wondering what other veterinary applicants/ students have done for their EPQs to get an idea of what sort of topics I could do. As I understand it, many people don't tend to do very theoretical topics about certain diseases but prefer selective breeding, ethics in practice etc.
Perhaps a little less topical now but the culling of badgers/TB has always been an incredibly popular choice for vet hopefuls :smile:
I have no idea what an EPQ is but I could tell you about relevant stuff within vet med, mainly large animal rather than small ha

Posted from TSR Mobile
A topical one could be on the possible effects of Brexit on the veterinary industry, or farming

TB is done by just about everyone

Other stuff like antimicrobial stewardship is also topical at the moment :smile:
I am planning to do EPQ next year and a few ideas i have come up with are:
Does captivity affect animal behaviour
should we use animals for entertainment purposes
how animals contribute to society
and id like to include animal bionics somewhere
hope this helps
I did an EPQ last year and applied to vet med, I did mine on brachycephalic obstructive airway syndrome. Sounds complicated but it's just about the breathing issues that flat faced dogs experience. It was a very interesting topic and really enjoyed researching it 😊
Original post by Willowhazel
I did an EPQ last year and applied to vet med, I did mine on brachycephalic obstructive airway syndrome. Sounds complicated but it's just about the breathing issues that flat faced dogs experience. It was a very interesting topic and really enjoyed researching it 😊

You could also look into problems faced by flat faced cats & rabbits :smile:
Reply 7
My EPQ was a few years ago now, but mine was about whether control methods for bovine mastitis were sufficient given the economic strain on the dairy industry at the time. I'd imagine with Brexit, it would be applicable today. :smile: Hope that helps
Original post by Willowhazel

Hi! I was thinking of doing my EPQ on a similar topic this year? What was your question and what grade did you achieve?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending