The Student Room Group

Super wise people please😊

I spent my first year of A levels doing exactly what everyone told me not to. So now my chemistry teacher who is also the guy whonis going to write my reference thinks I'm some dumb ****. He told me he doesn't recommend his students to continue onto A2 if they don't achieve(aka your a dumb ****) .. the day before my exams. So with those words of inspiration I completely anhialated both papers literally felt like primary school tests. +everyone said it was hard so probably lower grade boundaries too. I was wondering if you think he'll cut me some slack if I get an A. I really want to study physics in a Russell group fortress.
If you get an A, of course he'll write you a good reference.
Reply 2
Original post by TheDoc101
I spent my first year of A levels doing exactly what everyone told me not to. So now my chemistry teacher who is also the guy whonis going to write my reference thinks I'm some dumb ****. He told me he doesn't recommend his students to continue onto A2 if they don't achieve(aka your a dumb ****) .. the day before my exams. So with those words of inspiration I completely anhialated both papers literally felt like primary school tests. +everyone said it was hard so probably lower grade boundaries too. I was wondering if you think he'll cut me some slack if I get an A. I really want to study physics in a Russell group fortress.

I'm not too sure how your sixth form/college works but for mine I was allowed to read my reference prior to it being sent with my accompanying UCAS form. If you feel personal judgements could form an influential part of you reference I would put in a request to nominate someone else, that's what I would do. 99% of references are clearly going to be positive because it will reflect badly on your sixth form/college if their total university offers % is affected.

Quick Reply

Latest