The Student Room Group

Was this the right thing to do?

I finished my year university course, two days ago but something still plays on my mind

The day I joined the course, I met this girl along with a few other team members, who I got close with. Anyway this girl and I could've been closer, if only I had bothered more, especially when she gave me her all. Laughs, smiles and banter was shared between us, though it wasn't always good and sometimes we'd disagree and she'd give me the cold shoulder until the next day. She would give me compliments, played with me and said my work was good, even when I thought it wasn't. Three days from the end of the course, she was fine the first day, a little cold the second day but would barely talk to or even look at me on the third day. When I first saw her in the corridors of that morning, she looked at me coldly, then walked away and I heard her being happy with another team member, we then met again in the dining room, which she just bluntly said hello, but no smile, then again she was happy with another team member, but as the day progressed, it was nearing graduation and she acted warm to me and began smiling and talking, but I then acted cold towards her and after the graduation, we all said goodbye to one another and when she was standing by a team member, I said goodbye to him and knew she was waiting for me to say goodbye to her, as she kept looking at me but instead I walked away with saying nothing and when I was by the entrance of the university, I looked back and she didn't even look at me.
Original post by Mike_91
I finished my year university course, two days ago but something still plays on my mind

The day I joined the course, I met this girl along with a few other team members, who I got close with. Anyway this girl and I could've been closer, if only I had bothered more, especially when she gave me her all. Laughs, smiles and banter was shared between us, though it wasn't always good and sometimes we'd disagree and she'd give me the cold shoulder until the next day. She would give me compliments, played with me and said my work was good, even when I thought it wasn't. Three days from the end of the course, she was fine the first day, a little cold the second day but would barely talk to or even look at me on the third day. When I first saw her in the corridors of that morning, she looked at me coldly, then walked away and I heard her being happy with another team member, we then met again in the dining room, which she just bluntly said hello, but no smile, then again she was happy with another team member, but as the day progressed, it was nearing graduation and she acted warm to me and began smiling and talking, but I then acted cold towards her and after the graduation, we all said goodbye to one another and when she was standing by a team member, I said goodbye to him and knew she was waiting for me to say goodbye to her, as she kept looking at me but instead I walked away with saying nothing and when I was by the entrance of the university, I looked back and she didn't even look at me.

Right or wrong.. I am not sure if labels can be applied here. More a lesson that, if you think you're interested in someone (in this situation, I'm not sure if you did) then you need to be a bit more proactive, and there was nothing to really be gained from walking away without saying goodbye or a 'keep in touch' kind of thing.
Original post by Mike_91

oooo prickly situation

Quick Reply