The Student Room Group

Questions about KFC jobs!

Hello I've recently applied for a team member job at KFC online (two days ago) and I was wondering how long would it take to revive a reply?
Also if I get an interview what will that be like?
Will I need to take anything?
What Questions will there be?
Is the front of house job any good?
If you work at KFC or have had an interview any help would be much appreciated! :smile::bl:
It took me quite a while to get a reply. Probably a good few weeks but it all depends.
I had a group interview which was certainly not what I expected lol
Team work exercises basically. We got split up into groups and one task was to build a house using only straws and tape.
Another to present an item from a magazine.
Then I had an individual interview afterwards which was quick. He checked my availability times & asked a few of the usual customer service questions. Just stay calm and you'll be fine.

Dress smartly and bring pen & paper with you in case. Although I don't think you need to bring anything tbh.
It will said what you need to bring if you get an interview or whatever.

To be honest I hated working there. Long hours and crap shifts but everyone was so lovely which made it manageable.
I worked front of house and its ok. Annoying when your manager doesn't train you properly though and you have to learn things from other people in your team.
It all depends though. lol I left after like 4 weeks so I'm not the best person to talk to.

Never again haha.
Reply 2
Original post by Pentaquark
It took me quite a while to get a reply. Probably a good few weeks but it all depends.
I had a group interview which was certainly not what I expected lol
Team work exercises basically. We got split up into groups and one task was to build a house using only straws and tape.
Another to present an item from a magazine.
Then I had an individual interview afterwards which was quick. He checked my availability times & asked a few of the usual customer service questions. Just stay calm and you'll be fine.

Dress smartly and bring pen & paper with you in case. Although I don't think you need to bring anything tbh.
It will said what you need to bring if you get an interview or whatever.

To be honest I hated working there. Long hours and crap shifts but everyone was so lovely which made it manageable.
I worked front of house and its ok. Annoying when your manager doesn't train you properly though and you have to learn things from other people in your team.
It all depends though. lol I left after like 4 weeks so I'm not the best person to talk to.

Never again haha.

Wow thanks didn't think I'd get a decent reply! Haha pretty much told me everything I need to know I guess I'll just see if I get an interview and if I do, go to it and see if I like it there ect I can imagine it'll be a group interview as there are 10 places available! Just wondering Do you get a 4 week trial? I've been told you do and you can just quit in those four weeks without having to tell the manager? Thanks for the help :biggrin:
Original post by pepsipal
Wow thanks didn't think I'd get a decent reply! Haha pretty much told me everything I need to know I guess I'll just see if I get an interview and if I do, go to it and see if I like it there ect I can imagine it'll be a group interview as there are 10 places available! Just wondering Do you get a 4 week trial? I've been told you do and you can just quit in those four weeks without having to tell the manager? Thanks for the help :biggrin:

Depends on the manager :smile: One girl left after her first shift lol
Who cares just leave if you don't like it.
Just give them some notice and don't just walk out the minute it gets stressful.

Haha no worries :smile:
Hello I've recently applied for a team member job at KFC online (two days ago) and I was wondering how long would it take to revive a reply?
Also if I get an interview what will that be like?
Will I need to take anything?
What Questions will there be?
Is the front of house job any good?
If you work at KFC or have had an interview any help would be much appreciated! :smile::bl:

How long it will take will depend entirely upon whether your store is hiring at the moment or not and whether your hours suit them or not. It could take 1 day for them to reply, it could take 6 months. When I went to my interview, most people had applied 6 months earlier, but I only had to wait about two weeks.

About the interiew, you are going to have a group assessment where you have to do an icebreaker, aka just speaking to other candidates about yourself, then you will have to build a straw house or something and then do a presentation about something like customer service. It's all pretty simple and they are doing this to see how talkative, sociable and confident you are, so just smile, contribute and be confident. This is all very informal so basically just have fun and talk to people like you would at any other place. You might have a 5 minute interview after this which will be basic questions like why KFC, when are you available to work, however we didn't have this at my interview. What happened was, after the group assessment was over, the manager said she is going to call us over to the other room one by one and have an interview with each one of us. She called three people one after another, during which I guess she just told them 'we'll call you back soon and let you know' and then after she sent the three rejects home, she came back in and said everyone who is in the room has got the job.

The only ones who were 'interviewed' (aka sent home lmao) were the ones who were unintelligable, seemed very shy / unconfident and were too quiet or the ones who seemed downright unsympathetic. One of the girls could barely speak English and when she had to give a presentation about good customer service, she talked about something completely different, one of the other girls was really quiet and shy and didn't really say anything and when she was doing her presentation, she had 10 second gaps between sentences. And the third one was a guy who basically came off as a psychopat, he had a death stare, didn't make eye contact with anyone and generally looked like he really didn't want to be there.

As long as you are act like a normal human being you will be fine.

You should take your passport / national insurance number.

I work front of house and it's the easiest job by far, kitchen is a lot more stressful, however KFC is understaffed most of the time you will have to run around and clean the lobby all the time so you won't be bored. It's good if it's only a part time job, however I wouldn't recommend it if you want to do full time, because you won't get decent hours, you will probably get split shifts or extremely long shifts, it's only tolerable if you do it as a part time job basically.

Good luck x
Do you get a 4 week trial? I've been told you do and you can just quit in those four weeks without having to tell the manager? Thanks for the help :biggrin:

Yes you are on probation for four weeks and you can quit any time. To be honest, you can quit anytime even after four weeks, they just won't give you a reference which you won't need if you are only working there for like 2-3 months anyway, you're better off leaving it off your CV if it doesn't work out.
Reply 6
Original post by lolakirk
Yes you are on probation for four weeks and you can quit any time. To be honest, you can quit anytime even after four weeks, they just won't give you a reference which you won't need if you are only working there for like 2-3 months anyway, you're better off leaving it off your CV if it doesn't work out.

Thank you! I'll see if I get an interview, go to it, obviously try and be the best I can be and hopefully get the job....then hopefully like it but it's part time while I'm studying at sixth form so it should be okay and I can earn myself a bit of money in the summer too! ☺️
Hey, currently a front house worker for KFC for 4 months so far. Took them a couple of weeks to reply as well. In my case, the interview wasnt really an interview... I was literally hired and was told to come in the next day to start my training.

Anyway......I work full time, and to tell you THE TRUTH, I hate working here, LUCKILY I'm only doing this till I head to university later on this year but honestly it is ****. *****y hours and *****y pay, the salary does not equate at all to the amount of **** you have to do as a member...or the amount of **** you have to take from rude customers.

My best advice, try your best to look for some other job other than a fast food restaurant, anything like an office or admin job.
Reply 8
I recently got a job at KFC and they've sent me an email with my rota for the training week. Do I get paid for the training week because the rota says I'm working 25hrs and I don't wanna work 25hrs for free

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending