Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Nursing and midwifery funding saas

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Hi, I am considering going to university after I have completed a couple of years at college first to gain more experience. But because I'm in 6th year and some of my friends are looking into university as they are going next year, I've looked into it myself just to gain some knowledge.

I would like to do Mental Health Nursing and saw that funding for nursing courses is seperate to all other courses. Nursing students are entitled to a bursary of £6578 each year. Then I found that part this bursary is meant to cover £5 a day for each day you need to travel. I don't feel like this bursary would cover costs of accommodation (the halls for Napier cost about £130 per week), food, a phone contract, study costs such as printer ink or books etc from my calculations. I wouldn't be getting any financial help from my parents either. I was wondering if since this is a bursary and I think you don't have to pay bursary's back, are nursing students entitled to a SAAS loan as well or is this bursary strictly the only financial help they are entitled to? I've also heard that many nursing students have to do a lot of hours at placement etc and struggle to find any time for a part time job as well.

Thanks in advance if anyone has an answer
    to this.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Official student finance zone

Quick Link

Unanswered SAAS Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.