The Student Room Group
Reply 1
The vet and the nurse play 2 different roles in the practice. The nurse will carry out things such as dressings, monitor anesthetics, take xrays and look after inpatients. The vets see the clients and diagnose illnesses or w.e and they carry out surgery. Nurses can perform dentals and enemas etc. They are often the skivvy's 4 the vets but their role is more involved with the animals and involves more of the caring and nursing of the animals.
Also consider what grades u are achieving....lukin at ur predicted gcse's ur defo clever enough to go on to be a vet.
Both jobs would give you great satisfaction for you are making a difference to the animals lives. Vets are paid alot more than the nurses 2 wich i think is unfair because the nurses no alot 2 and work just as hard as the vets!
Hope my crap chattin helps!
xxxx
Reply 2
It really helped, thanks :smile:.

It's a vet that I wanna be, so what are the minimum grades? I've been predicted those grades, but I doubt I can do as well as that to be honest.
Reply 3
Check individual uni requirements but if you manage about 5 As as a minimum in the 3 sciences/double award, maths and english you will be fine.
Reply 4
the minimum gcse grades i would say would be 5 A's and 4 or 5 B's but the vast majority of applicants will have better grades than that though dont get too worried about gcses, unis place alot more emphasis on AS levels, work experience, personal statement and to a lesser extent predicted a level grades!as long as you get good gcses and get AAB or better at as you will be fine!make sure you get plenty of varied work experience!good luck
Reply 5
Ur a levels are defo more important tho! Get lots of varied work experience and try and make at least one a long term thing to show commitment! It takes hard work but you will get ther! Good luck x x x

Latest

Trending

Trending