The Student Room Group

Nottingham Trent Fashion Design Portfolio. HELP!!!

This is my first thread post since I create an account two or three days ago. I don't know if I post it in the correct forum. I've applied at NTU for BA Fashion design. I did recieve the work submit and list of things that they want me to submit but I would like some help and advice from the students that is studying fashion design at NTU or the student that got an offer for fashion design at NTU. I'm really nervous because my friends have applied at NTU for fashion design but they recieved an offer for BA Fashion Knitwear instead. I love NTU and I hope that I'll get a place for fashion design not knitwear so please help. I really appreciate it. Thank you in advance! :smile:
Original post by unvousmevoyez
This is my first thread post since I create an account two or three days ago. I don't know if I post it in the correct forum. I've applied at NTU for BA Fashion design. I did recieve the work submit and list of things that they want me to submit but I would like some help and advice from the students that is studying fashion design at NTU or the student that got an offer for fashion design at NTU. I'm really nervous because my friends have applied at NTU for fashion design but they recieved an offer for BA Fashion Knitwear instead. I love NTU and I hope that I'll get a place for fashion design not knitwear so please help. I really appreciate it. Thank you in advance! :smile:

Hi unvousmevoyez,

Have you had a look at our subject specific portfolio advice page? It may give you some tips on what we are looking for. I'll link to the page below:

Portfolio and interview advice

Unfortunately, I can't really give you a lot of advice when it comes to creating your portfolio as it's really about showing your individual work and style. However what I will say is that you need to show that you are ready to take on the demands of this degree, and you need to focus on bringing out your development work.

If we can't make you an offer onto the Fashion Design courses, we will always consider whether we think you are suitable for other fashion-based courses. However you are not obliged to accept these alternative offers, so if you don't think that the course we offer is right for you, then you don't have to take that offer.

I hope this has helped, but if you have any more questions just let me know! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi unvousmevoyez,

Have you had a look at our subject specific portfolio advice page? It may give you some tips on what we are looking for. I'll link to the page below:

Portfolio and interview advice

Unfortunately, I can't really give you a lot of advice when it comes to creating your portfolio as it's really about showing your individual work and style. However what I will say is that you need to show that you are ready to take on the demands of this degree, and you need to focus on bringing out your development work.

If we can't make you an offer onto the Fashion Design courses, we will always consider whether we think you are suitable for other fashion-based courses. However you are not obliged to accept these alternative offers, so if you don't think that the course we offer is right for you, then you don't have to take that offer.

I hope this has helped, but if you have any more questions just let me know! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen

Hello, Ellen :smile:

Thank you for the information I'm applying as a mature student so I'm really nervous. I have to submit my work using powerpoint right? I hope everything will be okay once I submit my work.
Original post by unvousmevoyez
Hello, Ellen :smile:

Thank you for the information I'm applying as a mature student so I'm really nervous. I have to submit my work using powerpoint right? I hope everything will be okay once I submit my work.

Hi unvousmevoyez,

Yes I completely understand! It must be really nerve wracking to get your work 'judged' so to speak. However don't let your nerves get to you!

Yes, your practical work must be submitted as a powerpoint. While your written work should be submitted as a word document.

I hope it goes well and good luck! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen

Quick Reply