Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

wondering if anyone can help me

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hi guys,

    I have a bit of a confusing question. Basically, I have just finished my third year of law, I did 50% of the year (coursework modules) but deferred by exams due to medical reasons (specifically mental health). I was supposed to then do the exams in the retake period in August however I do not feel up to it at all and feel that I need longer. Because of this, I am thinking of doing my exams next year in the summer but rather than just coming back to uni to do the exams I would rather still attend the tutorials for the three modules and still be at uni so that I have the support of my personal tutor etc etc, I would feel very lost without this and it wouldn't help my health. My question is then, in terms of student finance, could I still be classed as a full time student in order to get the full student funding even though I will only be attending 3/6 modules' worth of lectures and tutorials throughout the year. I know that the part time student finance would only cover tuition fee costs and so in order for me to be able to pay my rent and living costs I would need to get a full time job which would really get in the way of my learning and preparing for my exams.

    Please let me know what I should do, thanks so much

    Because youll be classed as part time, it would be possible for you to get benefits.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 27, 2016
Would you want to know what your pet is thinking about you?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.