The Student Room Group

Potential jobs with CFAB?

Hi,

So this September I shall be studying Accountancy and finance at Heriot Watt University Edinburgh. (Which isn't accredited by the ICAEW btw)

Now I want to get some experience (and some £ while I'm at it) in the field of finance as soon as possible. I was thinking of applying for the CFAB course which exempt me from the first 6 modules I believe. I'll be self learning the course alongside my degree which I think is manageable.

So my question is, once the CFAB course is completed would accounting firms accept me. For jobs like say a summer analyst. As I said I'm not looking for a full time job or anything, just something part-time so I can get some experience + ££

Any advice would be much appreciated
Original post by Unihopper
Hi,

So this September I shall be studying Accountancy and finance at Heriot Watt University Edinburgh. (Which isn't accredited by the ICAEW btw)

Now I want to get some experience (and some £ while I'm at it) in the field of finance as soon as possible. I was thinking of applying for the CFAB course which exempt me from the first 6 modules I believe. I'll be self learning the course alongside my degree which I think is manageable.

So my question is, once the CFAB course is completed would accounting firms accept me. For jobs like say a summer analyst. As I said I'm not looking for a full time job or anything, just something part-time so I can get some experience + ££

Any advice would be much appreciated

Hi Unihopper

Our MA (Hons) Accountancy & Finance degree is accredited by ICAEW with exemptions available from 6 certificate level papers of their professional exams. You'll be given information on the full range of accreditations and the best modules to take during your degree to maximise exemptions when you meet with academic staff and your mentor during Welcome Week.

They'll also be able to advise on summer jobs, internships etc as will our Careers Service.

Any other questions just get in touch via our UG Admissions Team - smlugenquiries@hw,.ac.uk where we'll be happy to help.

Look forward to seeing you in September :smile:
School of Management and Languages
Reply 2
Don't spend your money on CFAB. Either get the exemptions from your degree, or wait until you're in a training contract and your firm can pick up the training bill.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending