The Student Room Group

Odeon Job Interview

I've just been offered a job interview for the 8 screen Odeon cinema in my town, but I have no idea what to expect. I work in leisure currently which is quite flexible but I really want to work in my field of interest (I'm going to be studying Film Studies with Film Production at Edge Hill this September) especially as I want to work in cinema specifically in the future.

The main problem is that even though they know I'll only be in my town until September (but will return in holidays), I have most of August booked for holiday. My current workplace is fine with that as I am changing from a 16 hour to 0 hour contract to fit around me, but I don't know if Odeon would still consider me knowing I wouldn't be there long. I'm hoping given my enthusiasm and interest they'll at least let me have a month or so of work experience to give me a chance to apply to cinemas etc. at Uni, but I really want the job :frown:

Can someone tell me what it's like to work/be interviewed at Odeon and if you think they'd still consider me?
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't think they will consider you to be honest. By the time you've had the interview, they've got back to you, you start and do some training it's going to be August..

I study at Edge Hill as well, the Nearest Cinema is Switch Island or Liverpool One and theres alot of competition (Well with 4 unis full of students competing for jobs you can kinda see why) so personally i'd just wait and apply in freshers week...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending