The Student Room Group

date of first entry to live in the uk????

hi..
i've already registered at the ucas website...
there´s just one question in the section "personal details" that confuses me...
apparently they want to know the date of first entry to live in the uk (i'm a European student)....
actually i don't really know when i'm going to live in the uk permanently...
should i just write down the date when university starts????
And when do the university courses start in the UK???
Reply 1
date of first entry to live in uk is for applicants who have immigrated (european/non-european) to live in Uk. It does not apply to students currently living in other countries. If your shifting to UK during your studies then this does not apply to you but if you are already living in uk before your application then you have to put in the date when you first started living in uk from. If all this confuses you then you can just ring ucas up to be informed:smile:. And courses usually start in UK around september (late) or early october.

:tee:
Reply 2
That question is all to do with fees classification, for example if an international student has been living in the UK for the 3 years prior to the start of their degree course but not wholly for the purposes of education (i.e they haven't just been in the UK studying) then they are entitled to pay UK/EU fees rather than the international rate fees.

If you live within Europe you can leave this question blank as you will automatically pay fees at the UK/EU rate - whatever you do don't put down the date you first came on holiday to the UK like some applicants do!

Latest

Trending

Trending