The Student Room Group

People who supported Brexit - do you feel conned?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by InnerTemple
Haha! Oh! I thought you were saying that you'd done serious research on the effects of leaving. Turns out you'd just looked at a picture.

Just to mention some of the points - the ones I've left in the quote above. It doesn't look like we'd 'dodged' or 'escaped' or 'sailed away' from any of these. If your 'days or researching' told you otherwise... well, I'm sorry you wasted your time!

Oh dear, you don't think I saw the recession coming? It's almost like what happens in 30 years and to my children is more important to me now and in the next 15 years.

Are you incapable of thinking long term?
Original post by tazarooni89
So then it's really more of an (obviously successful) attempt to get people to Vote Leave, rather than an accurate depiction of what has happened since.

Do you seriously think I based my whole decision off of one picture?
Original post by TercioOfParma
Oh dear, you don't think I saw the recession coming? It's almost like what happens in 30 years and to my children is more important to me now and in the next 15 years.

So, tell me about the long term. What's the plan?

funny how leavers are sharing pictures from Ben Garrison - that guy is a total conspiracy nut and trump supporter.
So, tell me about the long term. What's the plan?

Long term? Well that depends entirely on the FTAs that come from other major nations, on the politicians we elect over that 30 year time period, and hundreds of other variables.
Original post by Tabstercat
funny how leavers are sharing pictures from Ben Garrison - that guy is a total conspiracy nut and trump supporter.

Trump > Hilary

Also, it is possible for somebody to be correct on one thing and wrong on another.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by XcitingStuart
PRSOM. :biggrin:

I feel conned because there was no World War 3.

That was another lie from Boris Johnson. Cameron gave a speech saying the break-up of the EU would increase the chance of war on the continent, an entirely reasonable position to take, which was then re-interpreted by Boris in his trademark creative style.
Do you seriously think I based my whole decision off of one picture?

I don't know what you did.
I'm just saying whoever made that picture clearly predicted incorrectly.
Original post by tazarooni89
I don't know what you did.
I'm just saying whoever made that picture clearly predicted incorrectly.

You say after less than a week.
Reply 89
Original post by DorianGrayism
The first one wasn't debunked because he didn't say that.

Cameron said 3 million jobs were linked to the EU.

Cameron didn't say that 3 million jobs would be lost.

The Official Stronger In Campaign said that 3,000,000 jobs were at risk. Which was not true.
Reply 90
How long does the currently instability have to continue before it is no longer "short term"?

It's been 3 days...
Long term? Well that depends entirely on the FTAs that come from other major nations, on the politicians we elect over that 30 year time period, and hundreds of other variables.

So after literally days of research, you felt confident to dismiss the views of actual experts.

And your conclusion was that the UK would be ok because hopefully something would happen which hopefully will be good... sometime within the next 30 years.

Thanks for your contributions to this thread. I am going to put you in the "not feeling conned" box. Simply because it doesn't seem that you are able to be fully engaged with what is happening.

Yeh, well, you don't be a genius to see a recession coming.

Love the BS about your imaginary kids.

Did you bet against the sterling so you could money towards your imaginary house? Obviously because you love talking about the long term so much.
1. 350M NHS Bus?
3. Was a key factor for many people tbh
Original post by Samiz
It's been 3 days...

But how long does it have to go on for?

You're certain that 3 days is fine - but what point is it something we ought to be worried about?
So after literally days of research, you felt confident to dismiss the views of actual experts.

And your conclusion was that the UK would be ok because hopefully something would happen which hopefully will be good... sometime within the next 30 years.

Thanks for your contributions to this thread. I am going to put you in the "not feeling conned" box. Simply because it doesn't seem that you are able to be fully engaged with what is happening.

Well, I read the experts reports, and while it did seem it would no doubt cause economic issues, I valued the relevance of the vote for me and my future children more, as well as the ability to propose private bills for MPs which couldn't be vetoed by the EU.

Regardless, they're hardly going to ignore the 6th largest economy on earth, we weren't going to starving in the streets or fighting civil wars regardless.
(edited 7 years ago)
Trump > Hilary

Also, it is possible for somebody to be correct on one thing and wrong on another.

just think it's hilarious and telling that the most enthusiastic supporters of Brexit are racists, conspiracy theorists, and idiots like Trump.
Original post by Tabstercat
just think it's hilarious and telling that the most enthusiastic supporters of Brexit are racists, conspiracy theorists, and idiots like Trump.

Have you ever listened to one of Trump's speeches in full? He has never said anything racist, he has threatened to ban muslims from coming into the country and threatened to kick out illegals, neither of which are racist.

I also find it disturbing that you would want Hilary after all the shady **** she has been in, she is literally being investigated by the FBI right now.
You say after less than a week.

Our future outlook is now considered "negative" by credit rating agencies.
Key Leave campaigners are immediately backtracking on the campaign's main selling points as mistakes
EU Leaders, far from considering themselves a sinking ship, are considering us an added weight and telling us to get out quickly now.
Scotland, Northern Ireland and Gibraltar are seriously trying to break

I'm sorry, but people who know what they're talking about much better than you do predominantly see this as a bad thing.
Original post by Samiz
The Official Stronger In Campaign said that 3,000,000 jobs were at risk. Which was not true.

Err no.

They quite literally wrote

"3 million jobs are linked to our trade with the EU"

http://www.strongerin.co.uk/3_million_jobs_are_linked_to_our_trade_with_the_eu#RwGGcQDi9YXfhGRU.97

Lol.

Love how you are changing what you are writing. First, it is 3 million jobs would be lost. Next it is 3 million jobs are at risk.

Quick Reply

Latest