The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
focusST
as you are aware, your body needs rest to grow. you can work out the rest for yourself

Yeah, but you'll be forcing hypertrophy here. Your body will assume that the weight is a part of your body and will make changes to make way for it. Just like obese people have bigger musculature.
Reply 21
no, i think it will lead very quickly to over training. also, your joints wont thank you.
Reply 22
lol 5kg on wrists all day?
Have fun with your joints in the future :smile:

And LOL @ the obese = more muscle comment. Yea buddy, my 150kg friend is a strong mofo, all his fat is teh ****.

Stop reading whatever you read. Your knowledge is painful :frown:
Reply 23
Sithius
lol 5kg on wrists all day?
Have fun with your joints in the future :smile:

And LOL @ the obese = more muscle comment. Yea buddy, my 150kg friend is a strong mofo, all his fat is teh ****.

Stop reading whatever you read. Your knowledge is painful :frown:

Yeah, Too bad it came out of KLM Clinical Anatomy.

The body adapts to excessive weight by strengthening muscles, It might not cause hypertrophy per se, but it does have a significant effect. Put an underweight child in the fat of a 150kg man, and see what happens to him.
Reply 24
Too much stress to the joint and connective tissue as meathead said.
Misogynist

The body adapts to excessive weight by strengthening muscles, It might not cause hypertrophy per se, but it does have a significant effect. Put an underweight child in the fat of a 150kg man, and see what happens to him.

None of this is relevant. When you gain 10kg (which is a hell of a lot of weight to gain), you don't gain it instantaneously and all on the end of your wrists. It sounds incredibly dangerous to me, it's simply not the same thing. Don't do it. It sounds stupid.
Reply 26
I won't to do it, I'm just backing up what I said.
Reply 27
Misogynist

Yeah, all the powerlifters walk around with 5kg weights hanging from their wrists... way to success.
Reply 28
omg really bad plan - its really weakens your wrist joints, and you will probably end up having awful problems with them in the future - do you really want to risk that kind of damage? Is there not another way that you could exercise without putting that much extra stress on your joints...?

Latest