The Student Room Group

easyjet flgiht cancellations

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FrenchUnicorn
I'm sorry Idk at all \: but you go straight away to Spain right ? If you don't land to France it should be fine :yep:

Original post by shawtyb
thats what im hoping, im gonna call easyjet now lol

It doesn't matter if you land in France or not-what matters is flying over French airspace.

I was due to fly directly to Barcelona from London and our flight was cancelled two hours before departure due to French airstrikes. Have not received a penny back in refunds.
Original post by super_kawaii
It doesn't matter if you land in France or not-what matters is flying over French airspace.

I was due to fly directly to Barcelona from London and our flight was cancelled two hours before departure due to French airstrikes. Have not received a penny back in refunds.

If you land in France you are more likely to be annoyed by the strikes, while if you fly through the French airspace you have much more chances to be fine with it

Sorry about that \: what was the company ?
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
If you land in France you are more likely to be annoyed by the strikes, while if you fly through the French airspace you have much more chances to be fine with it

Sorry about that \: what was the company ?

Easyjet, exactly the same as OP

French air traffic control are as equally responsible for the air space of their nation as they are of immigration, so it will still have an effect on carriers traversing their national air space
Reply 23
well that was a useless call. she said they do look like there still going but cant say what the liklihood is -.-
Original post by shawtyb
well that was a useless call. she said they do look like there still going but cant say what the liklihood is -.-

Your booking is quite far in the future, so it'll be impossible to say right now if the French will be striking or not.

Like I said, we only found out our flight was cancelled two hours before we were due to fly
Easyjet, exactly the same as OP

French air traffic control are as equally responsible for the air space of their nation as they are of immigration, so it will still have an effect on carriers traversing their national air space

For sure, but the impact won't be as huge as if you're on the ground , landing or about to take-off

Original post by shawtyb

Mmh that's what I thought \: try not to worry about it too much for now, because your flight is in a long time. I hope it won't be cancelled tho :console:
Original post by shawtyb

why are they on strike?

Because it is the national pastime, the French love nothing more than finding excuses not to work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Your booking is quite far in the future, so it'll be impossible to say right now if the French will be striking or not.

Like I said, we only found out our flight was cancelled two hours before we were due to fly

i know thats what makes it worse!
i cant stop worrying about it
Original post by Dinklebot
Because it is the national pastime, the French love nothing more than finding excuses not to work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

le lol

:pierre:
Anybody else noticed this strange new features on a thread? :erm:

https://gyazo.com/e34eb9697cb16346b03dde4fcc1d39a6
They're not called sleazyjet for nothing.

Quick Reply

Latest