The Student Room Group

Photographer? TSR is hiring a freelance student photographer

Hiya,

TSR is looking to hire one or more students from our community who are also photographers.

We will set different commissions regularly throughout the year.

All photography will be based on 'student life', so of people, places and objects.

All our photography we want to be savvy, edgy, cool and interesting.

Our style is very natural, so no need for complicated set ups, it just requires an eye for the interesting, unusual and quirky.

We'd pay £10 per hour.

If you're a photographer who likes taking photos of interesting things in everyday life, please email me at [email protected] with a couple of example photos and I will send over more info if your style feels right.

Please help spread the word as we'd like to get started as quickly as possible, thanks :smile:

Jack
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Captain Jack
Hiya,

TSR is looking to hire one or more students from our community who are also photographers.

All photography will be based on 'student life', so of people, places and objects.

Our style is very natural, so no need for complicated set ups, it just requires an eye for the interesting, unusual and quirky.

We'd pay £10 per hour.

If you're a photographer who likes taking photos of interesting things in everyday life, please email me at [email protected] with a couple of example photos and I will send over more info if your style feels right.

Please help spread the word as we'd like to get started as quickly as possible, thanks :smile:

Jack

@RobML
@Rhythmical
@||TheUnknown||
@StrawbAri
@CoolCavy

Thanks for the mention! This is making me now want to find my camera charger which I haven't seen in ages :cry:
Original post by Captain Jack
Hiya,

We'd pay £10 per hour.

Jack

What can be an example of a photo we can send?

Also, when is the deadline?

Thank you. :smile:
Original post by Rhythmical
Thanks for the mention! This is making me now want to find my camera charger which I haven't seen in ages :cry:

Find it, S! :noway:That is your summer challenge to keep you entertained :lol:
Original post by SeanFM
Find it, S! :noway:That is your summer challenge to keep you entertained :lol:

Haha true :rofl: I'm gonna be so busy, I'm planning to complete nearly all my coursework, volunteer at the local library, do NCS and do tutoring. And here I was complaining about being bored. :tongue:
can photography be done with an iphone? :biggrin:
I don't have a camera, but at £10 an hour I'll happily use my phone, Jack. xx
Original post by mercuryman
What can be an example of a photo we can send?

Also, when is the deadline?

Thank you. :smile:

Any photos that represent student life :smile:

Original post by Angry Bird
can photography be done with an iphone? :biggrin:

Original post by Hype en Ecosse
I don't have a camera, but at £10 an hour I'll happily use my phone, Jack. xx

Photos on an iPhone are fine, they just have to be good :biggrin: lol
I've just spent an hour taking photos when do I get paid?
Reply 10
How long should we wait for a reply?

I own a camera but I wouldn't call myself a photographer at all. :lol: Maybe a wannabe. :mmm:
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
I own a camera but I wouldn't call myself a photographer at all. :lol: Maybe a wannabe. :mmm:

Apply, nothing to lose :tongue: you can just be a budding photographer :thumbsup:
Do we have to send in studenty photos or can it just be photos that show off our skills?
Reply 14
Original post by Edminzodo
Do we have to send in studenty photos or can it just be photos that show off our skills?

I just sent in random photographs of young trendy people :dontknow:
Original post by RobML
I just sent in random photographs of young trendy people :dontknow:

Oh, okay! I have a photo that won a competition but I can't find it on my laptop . . . Argh!
Reply 16
Oh, okay! I have a photo that won a competition but I can't find it on my laptop . . . Argh!

I've never entered a competition! Give us noobs a chance :wink:
Original post by RobML
I've never entered a competition! Give us noobs a chance :wink:

Ha ha, I don't think my style is what they want, anyway. I take lots of animal and building photos. But we shall see.
Reply 18
Ha ha, I don't think my style is what they want, anyway. I take lots of animal and building photos. But we shall see.

Students, animals, same thing

Really I'd like to see photos of student life. It's more about your eye for a good photo subject than they style. For instance, in the past when we've done this people have sent in artful pictures of animals and landscapes, with lots of focus and blurring. They look great in the Spring Watch calendar but really aren't TSR's 'every day and edgy' style. So it's much better to see student stuff. You've probably got good photos of friends or could be a clever photo of a desk or folder that makes it a cool photo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending