The Student Room Group

When should I apply to medicine if I want to study abroad?

I just finished my GCSEs and am about to start A-Levels in September. I was wondering if anyone knew roughly when I should start applying for medical universities in Europe.
Original post by qwerty0301
I just finished my GCSEs and am about to start A-Levels in September. I was wondering if anyone knew roughly when I should start applying for medical universities in Europe.

It depends on where exactly you want to go

But to apply abroad is not as complicated as to apply in UK, so generally you can apply in last year of college for an entry in September of the same year

Any idea of the universities you'd like to apply tho ? If you have some ideas I could try to be more specific :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
It depends on where exactly you want to go

But to apply abroad is not as complicated as to apply in UK, so generally you can apply in last year of college for an entry in September of the same year

Any idea of the universities you'd like to apply tho ? If you have some ideas I could try to be more specific :smile:

I'm not 100% sure as of yet because my parents would prefer me to stay in London but I know it's really competitive for London unis. But I have looked around at a few unis in Europe and Pleven University in Bulgaria kinda caught my eye, as well as Plovdiv University.
Original post by qwerty0301
I'm not 100% sure as of yet because my parents would prefer me to stay in London but I know it's really competitive for London unis. But I have looked around at a few unis in Europe and Pleven University in Bulgaria kinda caught my eye, as well as Plovdiv University.

I see :yep:

Well Idk much about Bulgaria I'm sorry \: I know that If you want to go to Czech, Romania, Hungary or Russia applying won't be complicated and you'd have to apply during last year of college. Also for the universities above you have to pass an entrance examination in which you'll have to complete the requirements, but you can skip these exams if you have good grades enough at A-level. But the deadlines are different for both of the systems (If you want to apply through an examination the date will be different that If you want to apply with your A-levels grades)

Never searched about Bulgaria but I think it'll be kind of the same thing. Even if not, don't worry about it because now it's definitely too soon to apply :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending