The Student Room Group

Sixth form/ year 12 and anxiety

I've just finished my GCSEs and had my sixth form induction the other day. I suffer quite badly from social anxiety and the whole thing of new classes, new teachers and new students got to me. It was also the fear of being picked on or even have any adult speak to me whilst in class, which my other teachers didn't do because they knew how anxious it made me.Anyway, my secondary school and sixth form are joined so after one of the lessons I ran to a member of staff from the main school and told her and asked her to go home etc and she said I could but it'd be better to sit somewhere quiet and on my own and look at some of the work the teachers had for me. She then took me to the pastoral member of staff in the sixth form block and she was nice about it and asked if I needed a tissue, that it was good to actually come to school etc and then she said I could sit in a room on my own and she would get work for me. She is aware of my anxiety because I got introduced to her a few months before but like what will she think of me now?
Original post by Lucofthewoods
I've just finished my GCSEs and had my sixth form induction the other day. I suffer quite badly from social anxiety and the whole thing of new classes, new teachers and new students got to me. It was also the fear of being picked on or even have any adult speak to me whilst in class, which my other teachers didn't do because they knew how anxious it made me.Anyway, my secondary school and sixth form are joined so after one of the lessons I ran to a member of staff from the main school and told her and asked her to go home etc and she said I could but it'd be better to sit somewhere quiet and on my own and look at some of the work the teachers had for me. She then took me to the pastoral member of staff in the sixth form block and she was nice about it and asked if I needed a tissue, that it was good to actually come to school etc and then she said I could sit in a room on my own and she would get work for me. She is aware of my anxiety because I got introduced to her a few months before but like what will she think of me now?

She shouldn't and won't think any different of you - in her time as a teacher she'll have come across many students who suffer from anxiety. She'll just be aware of it now and will make sure she acts accordingly like your other teachers did :h:

Quick Reply

Latest