The Student Room Group

Speech and Langauge Therapy, PGDip, Greenwich - course dates

Hello all,

I have applied for the January 2017 entry and have an interview in September.

I was wondering if anyone has details on the structure of the course? I have only ever been on courses that start in September so have no idea when our breaks would be etc.

I am planning a wedding for next year and (if I get a place) will need to fit it in with the course!

Bombidia
Hi
Generally you will get approx 2 weeks at Christmas and Easter and 3 weeks in the summer in the first year. The second year I think we got 1 week Easter, 3 weeks in the summer and the course ends in the middle of December.

Original post by Bombidia
Hello all,

I have applied for the January 2017 entry and have an interview in September.

I was wondering if anyone has details on the structure of the course? I have only ever been on courses that start in September so have no idea when our breaks would be etc.

I am planning a wedding for next year and (if I get a place) will need to fit it in with the course!

Bombidia

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by funkymama
Hi
Generally you will get approx 2 weeks at Christmas and Easter and 3 weeks in the summer in the first year. The second year I think we got 1 week Easter, 3 weeks in the summer and the course ends in the middle of December.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!
Reply 3
Original post by funkymama
Hi

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I have also applied for the 2017 entry and was wondering how much time I will be spending on campus in the first year? I need to start planning accomodation and was wondering how close I should be.
Beth
Hi do you mean when the placements are? Or how long are the days?

When I was there the placements were 6 weeks in the first year, 8 and 10 in the second. Other than that you are in pretty much 3-4 days a week depending on what module you are studying.

Lectures are usually 9-4 but there were earlier starts and later finishes during the course.

Hoped that helped

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest