The Student Room Group

A Summer of Maths (ASoM) 2016

Scroll to see replies

Just make snarky comments.

Did you have a question? I could only see Zacken's OP.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Thank you! And don't put yourself down like that, you're starting A-Level maths, which literally stands for "Advanced"-level maths, so you do have the brain for it!

And in terms of resources, the only thing I've ever used for A-Level Maths and Further Maths is examsolutions.net, I used it to teach myself the entirety of those two subjects and did rather well, considering. So have a look at that site, sit back and watch a few videos. You'll get the hang of it.
Reply 82
Original post by Insight314
You mean spiral binding? How do I even do that lol?

Go to your local library or a stationary shop or something along those lines.
To be fair in the first sentence of the thread it says
This thread should serve as an interactive resource to help people bridge the gap to undergraduate mathematics.

And later

That said, we should aim to avoid discussing A-level material as well as topics from postgraduate courses as these will be of little interest to the majority of people participating in this thread.

You mean spiral binding? How do I even do that lol?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Printing shop
I just found some... interesting integrals. Some of them might take me a while. :smile:
Original post by Student403
Printing shop

Gonna probably get it binded at my school next week or so. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Original post by JackHKeynes
I just found some... interesting integrals. Some of them might take me a while. :smile:

Those will be a good starter - although admittedly on the easier and "exercise"-y side rather than problem solving. Still, good way to start out. You can migrate to these once you've picked up some confidence with integration. :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by Zacken
Those will be a good starter - although admittedly on the easier and "exercise"-y side rather than problem solving. Still, good way to start out. You can migrate to these once you've picked up some confidence with integration. :smile:

Nah that thread should come with a health warning
Original post by Zacken
Thank you! And don't put yourself down like that, you're starting A-Level maths, which literally stands for "Advanced"-level maths, so you do have the brain for it!

And in terms of resources, the only thing I've ever used for A-Level Maths and Further Maths is examsolutions.net, I used it to teach myself the entirety of those two subjects and did rather well, considering. So have a look at that site, sit back and watch a few videos. You'll get the hang of it.

Thank you for your help :smile:

Original post by Student403
To be fair in the first sentence of the thread it says
This thread should serve as an interactive resource to help people bridge the gap to undergraduate mathematics.

And later

That said, we should aim to avoid discussing A-level material as well as topics from postgraduate courses as these will be of little interest to the majority of people participating in this thread.

Printing shop

I understand that this thread is mainly for those bridging the gap from a-level to undergraduate but it's not as if I've dropped the question on a thread about undergraduate mathematics.

Anyway, Zacken has so nicely and kindly answered my question and I have no wish to derail the thread
This is a thread about undergraduate mathematics lol.

What do you think Groups, V&M and all the other courses we were talking about are?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Nah that thread should come with a health warning

Hahaha, good point. I quite liked it nevertheless. :tongue:

And on that note, people, try this:

Unparseable latex formula:

\displaystyle \[br]\begin{equation*}\int_0^{\frac{ \pi}{2}} x\cot x \, \mathrm{d}x\end{equation*}

This is a thread about undergraduate mathematics lol.

What do you think Groups, V&M and all the other courses we were talking about are?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not debating with you but the OP did say that the thread is not exclusive and that everyone is welcome. Anyway, I will not clog up your thread any further, don't worry
Original post by Zacken

\displaystyle \[br]\begin{equation*}\int_0^{\frac{ \pi}{2}} x\cot x \, \mathrm{d}x\end{equation*}

ffs you make it look so welcoming and then it turns out to be mean

i should have suspected
Looks at integral *scoffs*
*After a little bit of fiddling*
Aaand back to square one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zacken

Probs parts like 2wice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Original post by physicsmaths
Probs parts like 2wice

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol no
Probs parts like 2wice

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unless I've goofed you end up were you started

Posted from TSR Mobile
Or parts on xsinx and secx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drandy76
Unless I've goofed you end up were you started

Posted from TSR Mobile

Integral of ln|secx|?
Oh yeh mother ****er

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
Or parts on xsinx and secx

Posted from TSR Mobile

How so? Neither one of those has a nice anti-derivative.

Quick Reply

Latest