Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Good News - EU Nationals Loan

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad course - waste of time? 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    To all EU students I share this statement from the SFC webside -


    EU Nationals and Student Finance in England
    Statement from Jo Johnson, Minister of State for Universities and Science
    Monday, June 27, 2016

    The following statement applies to EU nationals who are currently in receipt of student loans
    from the Student Loans Company (SLC), and to EU nationals who intend to begin studying
    from this autumn.

    EU nationals or their family members, currently in higher education, and who
    are assessed as eligible to receive loans and/or grants from the SLC, will continue to receive
    these loans and grants until they finish their course.
    This applies to all student finance from the SLC for students in England for which EU nationals are eligible.
    This includes loans to cover tuition fees (for those resident in the EEA for three years), loans and grants for
    maintenance (limited to those resident in the UK for at least three years), and some other grants and allowances.

    The rules applying to EU nationals, or their family members, who have applied for a place at university
    from this August to study a course which attracts student support are unchanged.
    The SLC will assess these applications against existing eligibility criteria, and will provide loans and/or grants in the normal way.
    EU nationals, or their family members, who are assessed as eligible to receive grants and/ or loans by the SLC will then be eligible for the duration of their study on that course.
    These eligibility criteria set out that for students beginning study from this August,
    EU nationals must have been resident in the UK for at least five years in order to apply for a maintenance loan.

    Students should consult their university’s student finance office, or the GOV.UK website, for information
    on what support they can receive.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 28, 2016
Would you want to know what your pet is thinking about you?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.