Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

fake friend?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

My best friend of 5 years has always been kind of lazy, but lately I feel like she completely stopped making an effort to keep the friendship going... she's in a different classroom, and i'm always the one who comes to see her at recess, otherwise she doesn't move. I've tried to stop doing that and I haven't heard about her in 2 months, she didn't come to see me at all. She never replies to my texts or return my calls even if she is always on her phone and neglects many people because of that. She never wants to hang out with me and always tries to find excuses to avoid spending time with me outside of school, whenever the bell rings she's the first to leave and she runs away so I don't have time to catch her... she goes to a lot of conventions but never invites me or tells me about it, she never seems happy for me and she's extremely competitive, she often insults me whenever I have something that she doesn't, and she gave me a bracelet with razor blades on it for my birthday as a way to make fun of my past depression issues... I don't know what to do because she's my only friend but I feel like if I stop reaching out to her and making the effort there would basically be no friendship, she always tells me she doesn't hate me but it seems like she doesn't care about me at all...

I'd give up with her personally. Doesn't sound as though she's worth the effort.

Friendship is a two way street. You give and take. If you are only giving, it is time to put your resources elsewhere. I sometimes find that ignoring friends gets them to come to me. Don't sweat it though. There are plenty of friends in the sea.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 29, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.