The Student Room Group

Driving test wait times

Hello

I passed my theory test today and decided to check out what availability there is for practical tests in my area. I was shocked to find that the earliest available slot was in late September! I will be at university by this time so I'm now facing the prospect of not being able to even do my test before then. I'm not ready yet but I am anticipating I'll be test standard by late August.

Does anybody have any experience with waiting times for driving tests, as in did you generally find that it's easy to find slots that were cancelled, or is it pretty difficult? I live in London so I'm guessing there's a lot of tests going on, worst case there is a test centre near Aberystwyth which is where I'm going to uni, which would probably be easier anyway due to lack of traffic. All in all I can't believe that the waiting times are that long and I would have booked a test far earlier if I knew.

Also, I found a website - http://www.driving-test-cancellations-4all.co.uk/ - it seems quite dodgy but it says that it will automatically find driving test cancellations for a fee of £18. Does anyone have any experience with that or similar services?
Well done on passing your theory test! :biggrin:

I have a bit of a wait yet too before my test (it's at the very end of July), which is annoying as my instructor thinks I could've passed it by now if slots had been available earlier!

I guess all you can really do is keep checking regularly for any cancellations, I wouldn't recommend paying some dodgy looking service though!
Original post by Leviathan1741
Well done on passing your theory test! :biggrin:

I have a bit of a wait yet too before my test (it's at the very end of July), which is annoying as my instructor thinks I could've passed it by now if slots had been available earlier!

I guess all you can really do is keep checking regularly for any cancellations, I wouldn't recommend paying some dodgy looking service though!

Thanks, I'm glad I finally got that over with at least

Perhaps the best thing is to discuss it with my instructor and see if she thinks anything can be done. If I have to do it in mid-Wales instead of London then I suppose it would probably be easier to pass anyway, I don't want to have wasted all this time and money just to have to wait until I finish university, let alone having to resit the theory anyway.
Original post by Bonoahx
Thanks, I'm glad I finally got that over with at least

Perhaps the best thing is to discuss it with my instructor and see if she thinks anything can be done. If I have to do it in mid-Wales instead of London then I suppose it would probably be easier to pass anyway, I don't want to have wasted all this time and money just to have to wait until I finish university, let alone having to resit the theory anyway.

Yeah that seems like a good idea :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending