Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Calling for reviews from all those with experience with LEODIS!! Accomodation advice!

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Hi All,
    Sorry to be posting yet another post about accomodation but with the deadline soon approaching, I wanted to get some honest reviews from those with first hand experience.

Having seen quite a few of the halls, I am pretty set on applying for Leodis due to the condition of the rooms, it's location and the price.
    However, looking at reviews online, I have seen complaints about the durability of appliances (that they're easily broken) and that people have supposedly had bad experiences with management staff such as them entering rooms without prior notification.

I want to know whether these are real concerns to consider as I don't want to make generalisations based on a couple of peoples bad experiences. If you have had any experience there, good or bad, I'd love to hear about it.

Many thanks

Stayed at Leodis last year it's pretty decent and I enjoyed it. Staff all in all are alright, maintainance guys are sound would recommend. However..... The chairs sofas etc are made to look nice but are cheap and break easily and mansion (guys who own Leodis) will try and charge you ridiculous prices. Claire is someone to watch out for had a few bad experiences with her but yeah all in all nice place just don't expect to get your deposit back as I don't know many that did

Very rude , racist and unfriendly staff . Most rooms are dirty and stinky , they take lot of money from your deposit when you are leaving the place , even heard some of the blocks are haunted , many ghost stories around as Block A used to be mill during Victorian era , its a listed building where all the ghost live , you might feel funny if you don't believe in paranormal but this is the reality , lot of children died in the mill when child labor was allowed about 100 years ago, you will also see a woman dressed in Victorian dress walking in the flats b/w midnight to 300 AM .
    services are substandard and maintenance jobs takes ages to respond . complete waste of money .
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.