Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Merkel today, to German parliament: Cherry picking not an option for [Brexit] negotia

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

partial translation:
    "I can only recommend to our British friends not to delude themselves. There will be neither formal nor informal negotiations until the UK has invoked Article 50, requesting to leave the EU.These negotiations will not be based on the principle of "cherry picking". If you want to leave this family, you cannot expect to get rid of your obligations but keep all your privileges. It has to make a difference whether a country is part of the EU family or not."

You can use google translate for the rest.

Bonus picture: http://i.imgur.com/Shgs6KB.jpg

The fact that it even needs to be said is depressing. Do leavers seriously think that we can just leave the EU and expect free bonus money? Why would ANYONE be in the EU if that's a case?

They act like leaving the EU= the UK (or what's left of it after Scotland and N.ireland inevitably leave the UK) becoming utopia with 0 drawbacks

I've lost count of how many people I've seen on here claim we'll have the same trade negotiations as before since, and I quote "the EU needs us more than we need them". Lol.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 28, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.