The Student Room Group

What do you regret (A levels)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Taking Chemistry A-level.
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Thank you I appreciate this! If I may ask, what did you get at GCSE in Chemistry and History?

You're welcome and sorry about the late reply - I didn't see this! I got an A* in chemistry and an A in history - in my defence, I got a C in the controller assessment which was 25% of my grade and my teacher wouldn't let me resit.

Good luck with your A-Levels!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SeanFM
Nothing in particular I guess. I'm lucky in that everything worked out alright for me... it was GCSEs where I maybe wish I had done a bit better, but oh well :tongue:

Spoiler

What module was it?
Original post by speed1✈️✈️
I regret taking Geography A level:colonhash:

Can I ask why? :h: Also what exam board were you doing and if you did the GCSE did the case studies get harder - that's what I'm most worried about.
Regret Sociology, I love the subject in itself but the exams can be particularly difficult and it's so hard to revise the content... I also hated the exams, particularly A2 as it's just essays and essays, if you don't understand what the essay is asking..you're pretty much screwed. Aqa..I pretty much hate you for that AS education resit paper and A2 crime paper. .. :angry::angry::angry::unimpressed:

It would also be a lot easier if your teacher actually gave you the material for the syllabus whilst you were off for 2 months for surgery before the exam but she blankly refused... :// so I didn't have all the content after asking 17 times... just regret everything this year tbh...

I sort of, to some degree regret ICT, it's a lovely subject to study.. i loved it, the coursework is easy, the exam itself is easy but... it's basically revising the mark scheme word for word...if you don't put it word for word...no marks... it was just so boring to revise...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nomophobia
You're welcome and sorry about the late reply - I didn't see this! I got an A* in chemistry and an A in history - in my defence, I got a C in the controller assessment which was 25% of my grade and my teacher wouldn't let me resit.

Good luck with your A-Levels!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! I know how that feels. I bombed my English lit controlled assessment!

Good luck on your results and thank you
I have massive regrets over my complete lack of confidence which made me decide not to do Physics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
In hindsight, I'd have been better off picking Physics, Maths, and Further Maths instead of Physics/Maths/Chemistry. AS Chemistry is quite easy, it's the A2s that's a real killer.

Quick Reply

Latest