The Student Room Group

Lying to get a job?

I applied for a job in sainsburys and got an interview. However, when i told them i would leave in september then they said they cannot hire me as they want a permanent role. I can't seem to find any temporary jobs. Can i apply for permanent jobs and then leave when i start college?
Reply 1
Original post by guy321
I applied for a job in sainsburys and got an interview. However, when i told them i would leave in september then they said they cannot hire me as they want a permanent role. I can't seem to find any temporary jobs. Can i apply for permanent jobs and then leave when i start college?

Don't be a twit; somebody else could actually need the security of a permanent job.
I wouldn't advise it . It is not ethical.*
Reply 3
Go for it.
Original post by guy321

Cant you carry the job on once you start college?
Reply 5
I wouldn't have mentioned I was leaving... I would've just took the job and then left at the end of August...
Don't say you're leaving next time. Plenty of people leave jobs all the time for all sorts of reasons, and places like supermarkets will have no trouble replacing you.

If you're looking for a temporary job I hear leader of the Labour party will be up for grabs soon...
Yes someone might need the security of a permanent job but the majority of temporary summer jobs will be gone by now and nobody's going to take you on if you openly admit to wanting to leave a couple of months later. Just don't mention it - a lot of students looking for a summer job do the same thing; you won't be the first. And like Duncan said supermarkets and places like that do have people leave suddenly and can replace them no problem.
Just take a permanent job and quit around September time. Some places, especially supermarkets, do give you the option to become a seasonal colleague after a certain amount of time - so you'd only come back to work xmas Easter and summer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending