Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

International Development at UEA 2016

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

I should be going to UEA come September of this year, and initially have applied for English Literature; however now I'm considering changing it to International Development or Media and International Development with the Overseas Experience. I'm just wondering if anyone else was or already has applied to study with DEV at UEA this year as I don't seem to know of anyone just yet!

Hi there,

I have just finished studying my first year of Media and International Development (With Overseas experience), I will return to uni in September as a second year and honestly, I can not recommend my course enough. All the lecturers who teach Development and media are knowledgeable and fantastic. You'll meet some of the best people.
    In my year there are only around 13 people who took this exact course but so many Development students, so you'll get to meet a lot of people on your course in both the Dev school and the media schools that are available.

If you check out group pages on Facebook I am sure there will be specific DEV groups and overall pages to help you locate people on similar courses or, if you are living in halls who you are living with.

I applied originally to study a completely different degree, and I was apprehensive about changing at first but I can assure you, if you decide to study Media and International Development or just straight International Development, you won't regret it. (and if I'm wrong and you do, the process to change courses is easy)/

Also, the society for Development students is a LOT of fun, with lots of socials so you'll have no trouble meeting course friends.

it says you need a 2:1 but what if its inst a high 2:1 is the chance of acceptance still good?
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.