The Student Room Group

Summer Geology preperations

Hi guys,
Going to be studying Geology at RH starting in September. Wondered what I could read to 'Hit the ground running' in September? What aspects of physics and chemistry should I study to make it easier for myself?
Thanks.
Original post by Meegas
Hi guys,
Going to be studying Geology at RH starting in September. Wondered what I could read to 'Hit the ground running' in September? What aspects of physics and chemistry should I study to make it easier for myself?
Thanks.

Have you studied Geology before at school? I can give you the recommended reading that I was given before starting my course, although it's not at RH.
Reply 2
Never done Geology before.
Sure, thanks.
Original post by Meegas
Never done Geology before.
Sure, thanks.

I've PMd you :smile:
Original post by Plagioclase
I've PMd you :smile:

Would you mind passing on the reading list to me too? I'm currently on the fence for what subject I will do at uni (chemistry/earth science/ geology) and would like to do some further reading into each to help make my choice :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abby3112
Would you mind passing on the reading list to me too? I'm currently on the fence for what subject I will do at uni (chemistry/earth science/ geology) and would like to do some further reading into each to help make my choice :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sent :smile:
Reply 6
Sent :smile:

Could you send it to me as well? I would really appreciate it :smile:
Have you studied Geology before at school? I can give you the recommended reading that I was given before starting my course, although it's not at RH.

Could you also send it to me? Highly appreciate it :wink:

Hope that I can have a smooth start of my geology degree orz
Original post by Meegas
Hi guys,
Thanks.

Currently moving into my third year doing geology at a Russel Group uni. Awesome degree! The only hard part of first year for myself was the maths, they made us do a unit in physics/maths to get us prepared for the maths within the degree. If you have done maths at A level you'll be fine if not just work hard in that unit and it'll pay off. Turns out the maths in the first term topic is generally harder than most in the degree so after doing that topic most feels like a breeze :biggrin: Any questions feel free to ask!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending