The Student Room Group

Brexit Hate And Anti-Democracy At Pro-EU London Protest

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM Thousands of young Londoners, foreign students, and foreign nationals have amassed in Trafalgar Square, declaring, “we are the future” and demanding the “non-binding” EU referendum is disregarded.

The crowd was enthusiastic as they listened, below a canopy of umbrellas in the pouring rain, to the oft-repeated slogans about “love and unity”, but also explicit insults directed at “uninformed” old people and “fascist” right-wingers.

They held signs which read: “White Aint Right”, “F*ck you Farage”, “Farage is a Rancid Festering C*nt”, “UKIP Suck my Balls!” and placards that depicted the UKIP leader alongside Iran’s Islamist President Rouhani and President Putin of Russia.

Read More:
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06/28/hate-extremism-pro-eu-anti-democratic-london-protest/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I love these people, the more they do this, the more people support UKIP. They are our biggest advocates.
Reply 2
[QUOTE="TheCryingRemain;66177209"]LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM Thousands of young Londoners, foreign students, and foreign nationals have amassed in Trafalgar Square, declaring, “we are the future” and demanding the “non-binding” EU referendum is disregarded.

The crowd was enthusiastic as they listened, below a canopy of umbrellas in the pouring rain, to the oft-repeated slogans about “love and unity”, but also explicit insults directed at “uninformed” old people and “fascist” right-wingers.

They held signs which read: “White Aint Right”, “F*ck you Farage”, “Farage is a Rancid Festering C*nt”, “UKIP Suck my Balls!” and placards that depicted the UKIP leader alongside Iran’s Islamist President Rouhani and President Putin of Russia.

Read More:
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06/28/hate-extremism-pro-eu-anti-democratic-london-protest/[/QUOTE]
Playing devil's advocate here..But surely the first fundamental principle of democracy is that everyone gets a say...So what's wrong with protesting?You have to understand that just a titch over half voted brexit. So it wasn't a strong win.
Personally I am not going to open your links or go off on your tangent. That's just my input.
(edited 7 years ago)
It astounds me to see so many people seem so desperate to tie themselves to a corrupt, undemocratic, economically doomed de-facto state.
Reply 4
[QUOTE="Themini;66177243"]
Original post by TheCryingRemain
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM Thousands of young Londoners, foreign students, and foreign nationals have amassed in Trafalgar Square, declaring, “we are the future” and demanding the “non-binding” EU referendum is disregarded.

Read More:
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06/28/hate-extremism-pro-eu-anti-democratic-london-protest/[/QUOTE]
Playing devil's advocate here..But surely the first fundamental principle of democracy is that everyone gets a say...So what's wrong with protesting?You have to understand that just a titch over half voted brexit. So it wasn't a strong win.
Personally I am not going to open your links or go off on your tangent. That's just my input.

They had a say that is what the referendum was.

These people are violent and assaulted journalists who were covering these protests.
Reply 5
[QUOTE="joecphillips;66177275"]
Original post by Themini

They had a say that is what the referendum was.

These people are violent and assaulted journalists who were covering these protests.

Link please?
[QUOTE="Themini;66177243"]
Original post by TheCryingRemain

Read More:

The point isn't that they shouldn't be allowed to protest. It's that they're clueless morons who have no idea what they are doing. I'd wager good money that the majority of them there wouldn't be able to give you a good reason to stay in the EU, apart from giving you some diatribe about being 'inclusive' and 'anti-racist'.
Reply 7
[QUOTE="Themini;66177295"]
Original post by joecphillips

Link please?

https://youtu.be/TAMS2BjBQeg
Reply 8
[QUOTE="FloydHead;66177297"]
Original post by Themini

The point isn't that they shouldn't be allowed to protest. It's that they're clueless morons who have no idea what they are doing. I'd wager good money that the majority of them there wouldn't be able to give you a good reason to stay in the EU, apart from giving you some diatribe about being 'inclusive' and 'anti-racist'.

Well I fundamentally disagree with the premise that remainers don't know what they're doing. brexit has caused a lot of economic damage but I do agree with leave that the EU is corrupt and highly flawed. They do have issues and do affect the competitiveness of small British businesses however I'd choose stability and economic growth anyday over the potential economic collapse.
Reply 9
[QUOTE="joecphillips;66177307"]

I watched the video. The guy nicked her hat because she was being annoying? That's your biggest quarrel? She's obnoxious and she's there to antagonise and piss people off. Not surprised.
Reply 10
[QUOTE="Themini;66177343"]

I watched the video. The guy nicked her hat because she was being annoying? That's your biggest quarrel? She's obnoxious and she's there to antagonise and piss people off. Not surprised.

And that women who wore the short skirt was looking to get laid, it's her own fault she got raped.

See a problem with your argument?

She was there recording as a journalist, she hadn't talked to anyone and someone approached and stole her hat and then more people came and assaulting the crew.

Original post by Themini

Link please?

It isn't even the same place.

One is taking part in a park. The other one is in trafalgar square.

Incidentally, I cannot see one EU flag or one Remain poster there. Just another BS video.

Person goes to a park full of left wing anarchist nutcases and then she reports it as a Remain protest LOL.

Maybe, they will be claiming that Corbyn is actually the most Pro-Remain MP around.
(edited 7 years ago)
[QUOTE="joecphillips;66177355"]
Original post by Themini

And that women who wore the short skirt was looking to get laid, it's her own fault she got raped.

See a problem with your argument?

She was there recording as a journalist, she hadn't talked to anyone and someone approached and stole her hat and then more people came and assaulting the crew.

No those are two different things, your analogy is flawed; don't conflate pro rape with antagonism. How do you think a crowed would react if Anjum Chowdhury had shown up and was irritating the crowd and wearing a military hat at Drummer Lee Rigby's funeral? <--- much better analogy.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DorianGrayism
It isn't even the same place.

One is taking part in a park. The other one is in trafalgar square.

Incidentally, I cannot see one EU flag or one Remain poster there.

Just another BS video.

I don't take these clowns seriously, I occasionally humour them :wink:.
Reply 14
[QUOTE="Themini;66177389"]

No those are two different things, your analogy is flawed; don't conflate pro rape with antagonism. How do you think a crowed would react if Anjum Chowdhury had shown up and was irritating the crowd and wearing a military hat at Drummer Lee Rigby's funeral? <--- much better analogy.

It's a fair point what I made you are happy victim blaming when it suits your point.
This is the most confusing political situation of all time.People against democracy, condemning the elderly, limiting free speech, threatening women, dressing like the IRA and have in large amounts wished for the government to single handedly over turn a democratic decision.......are the tolerant good guys? Huh?I honestly couldn't give less of a ****. EU, not EU, the only people who are gonna deal with this is someone who will only clear 3 million this year instead of 7 million. For Joe Builder, it's gonna be business as usual. The only reason this vote existed for me was because of the clear line between yellow and blue which is the line in the sand where big Nicky puts boots to asses, beheads John Snow and declares herself the King of the North.
[QUOTE="FloydHead;66177297"]
Original post by Themini
The point isn't that they shouldn't be allowed to protest. It's that they're clueless morons who have no idea what they are doing.

You can't just pick and choose who you apply the freedom of speech too. Many people are angry and want to vent those feelings. Restricting them is not going to do any good and probably would radicalise the situation further. *
Original post by FloydHead
It astounds me to see so many people seem so desperate to tie themselves to a corrupt, undemocratic, economically doomed de-facto state.

Thats not true. Many people want to leave the UK now :tongue: *
Original post by ATW1
I love these people, the more they do this, the more people support UKIP. They are our biggest advocates.

Pretty much. "Peaceful protest" Right. So trespassing (which they did) is peaceful and right.
[QUOTE="elitepower;66177841"]
Original post by FloydHead

You can't just pick and choose who you apply the freedom of speech too. Many people are angry and want to vent those feelings. Restricting them is not going to do any good and probably would radicalise the situation further. *

Thats not true. Many people want to leave the UK now :tongue: *

Then they can **** off to their beloved EU. Shows they don't give a damn about the UK.
Funny how so many people young people are protesting when only like 40% of us even bothered to vote...

Quick Reply

Latest