The Student Room Group

U.S. Interest In UK Travel Soars After Brexit

June 27 (Reuters) Several online travel sites have seen a jump in queries from Americans about travel to the United Kingdom since it voted to leave the European Union, a sign so-called “Brexit” and the resulting drop in the value of the pound currency may spur U.S. visits to Britain.
One site found that more Britons were also asking about flights to the United States.

Travel agents, hotel chains and airlines say it is too early to tell if the vote has impacted bookings. Financial analysts at the Buckingham Research Group had predicted a “Brexit” would slow the British economy and airline sales. But some U.S. travel agents are advising travellers to book U.K. trips now and expect to see a bump in bookings with time.

On June 24, the day after Britain voted to leave the European Union, Priceline Group Inc’s Kayak, said it saw a 54 percent increase in U.S. searches exploring fares to the United Kingdom compared to other Fridays in the month of June.

Flight searches from the U.K. for U.S. travel also rose 46 percent, according to Kayak.

“Americans may want to secure a great fare, while British may be worried that higher fares will soon hit the market,” said Billy Sanez, vice president of marketing and communications at FareCompare.com, which analyses airfares, when shown the Kayak data.

Read MOre:
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06/28/u-s-interest-uk-travel-soars-brexit/
Yes, foreigners wanting to come and holiday for cheap is one of the effects of a damaged currency. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here, since we all knew that a weaker pound would help incentivise spending and investment from abroad, but that doesn't come close to remedying the economic damage of Brexit.
Reply 2
Hold on a minute, this doesn't fit in with the doom and gloom we are supposed to be hearing about. Remove please!
Reply 3
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
Yes, foreigners wanting to come and holiday for cheap is one of the effects of a damaged currency. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here, since we all knew that a weaker pound would help incentivise spending and investment from abroad, but that doesn't come close to remedying the economic damage of Brexit.

I don't think they understand basic economics :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest