The Student Room Group

Am I going to be alone forever?

Homo comment of the day:
I'm attracted to soft spoken, genuine/kind women but I've yet to come across one. Am I now doomed to be alone? I've been around the block a couple of times and I just feel the usual types don't do it for me anymore. I've had my fun but want to find someone meaningful.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you've been around the block then no.

I have no experience with girls which is not normal at my age, so I know I will be alone. Gave up a long time ago lmao.
Reply 2
Original post by eden3
If you've been around the block then no.

I have no experience with girls which is not normal at my age, so I know I will be alone. Gave up a long time ago lmao.

What I'm trying to say is that- do girls like that even exist anymore? I don't know if the soft types still exist :frown:.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
What I'm trying to say is that- do girls like that even exist anymore? I don't know if the soft types still exist :frown:.

I'm sure they do but I've yet to come across any like that. How old are if you don't mind me asking?
I feel your pain brother...
There is very little of this kind left. I hope I can find my princess some day too.
Reply 5
Original post by eden3
I'm sure they do but I've yet to come across any like that. How old are if you don't mind me asking?

20 now.
Reply 6
Honestly guys, I'm fed up of the loud, argumentative, gobby, sassy, nerdy or promiscuous types.
Reply 7
20 now.

You've got plenty of time mate. Don't worry about settling with the perfect life partner for now.
Reply 8
Original post by eden3
You've got plenty of time mate. Don't worry about settling with the perfect life partner for now.

I hope you're right. I'm almost 21 and I have been single for the past 6 months. Most of my mates aren't that experienced so think I'm gay when I don't find girls that they think are the bees knees on night outs.
Reply 9
I hope you're right. I'm almost 21 and I have been single for the past 6 months. Most of my mates aren't that experienced so think I'm gay when I don't find girls that they think are the bees knees on night outs.

Lmao **** what your friends think, seriously. You live by your own standards and no-one else's. Go for whatever girls you're interested in. There's no need to rush into anything at 20/21 years old, plus as people get older they obvious become more mature (both guys and girls). Hopefully with that, you'll come across less girls going through promiscuous/sassy/immature 'phases' and bump into more women who suit your type. Honestly I'm sure you'll be fine mate. Don't get too worked up about it :smile:

Nothing wrong with being single for 6 months. I'm 19 and have been single for 19 years... :lol: :frown:
Original post by eden3
Lmao **** what your friends think, seriously. You live by your own standards and no-one else's. Go for whatever girls you're interested in. There's no need to rush into anything at 20/21 years old, plus as people get older they obvious become more mature (both guys and girls). Hopefully with that, you'll come across less girls going through promiscuous/sassy/immature 'phases' and bump into more women who suit your type. Honestly I'm sure you'll be fine mate. Don't get too worked up about it :smile:

Nothing wrong with being single for 6 months. I'm 19 and have been single for 19 years... :lol: :frown:

Thanks for the support man. I think you're probably right about the maturity thing. I just find older women attractive 27+. Seems to be a couple of soft spoken types but still pretty rare.
If you want a wallflower I suggest that religious/arranged marriage dating websites are probably the way to go.
Reply 12
Thanks for the support man. I think you're probably right about the maturity thing. I just find older women attractive 27+. Seems to be a couple of soft spoken types but still pretty rare.

No worries man and yep I totally understand you on that.
Original post by Elivercury
If you want a wallflower I suggest that religious/arranged marriage dating websites are probably the way to go.

Don't think the real world works like that. Religion doesn't some how change a woman's characteristics. That said the nicest girlfriend I had was muslim..until her dad found out and decided a typical "white boy" like me only wanted to waste the best years of his daughters life and that I was a waste of space. Oh well.
You lads need to man the **** up.

Also, OP, toss a few of your rejects my way then. I'm looking for a bird that's cool to sit about in a pair of cheap Sportsdirect trackies, sharing a can of Tennants whilst watching Family Guy on FX at 3am on a Tuesday night. If she's better than me at Call of Duty though she's hitting the curb.
Same here, I'm sure you'll find the right person soon, and you're still so young! Don't be in a rush to settle down!
Homo comment of the day:
I'm attracted to soft spoken, genuine/kind women but I've yet to come across one. Am I now doomed to be alone? I've been around the block a couple of times and I just feel the usual types don't do it for me anymore. I've had my fun but want to find someone meaningful.

Of course not OP!

You can't hurry love, you just have to wait, love don't easy, it's a game of give and take!
Meh. I can honestly say (apart from one) I have never come across a girl like that :frown:. The one that was like that and got me hooked on that type - I cant even see her anymore. I would've converted if I had to and would've given up bacon and booze for her.
Hello :h:. I'm sure you will one day come across someone who you feel attracted as to what you have described. Maybe it will take time and patience and as you're 20 years old I wouldn't worry too much even though it may seem like it may never happen. Try to focus on other things and one day you'll find what you're looking for :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Don't think the real world works like that. Religion doesn't some how change a woman's characteristics. That said the nicest girlfriend I had was muslim..until her dad found out and decided a typical "white boy" like me only wanted to waste the best years of his daughters life and that I was a waste of space. Oh well.

Realistically anyone getting put into an arranged marriage or being from a conservative religious background is likely to have developed into a wallflower who is "soft spoken" and lacking in strong views/opinions. Which sounds exactly like what you want.

As you clearly stated yourself, if you find someone out and about who is clearly independent, then this is not the case.

Quick Reply