The Student Room Group

Who thinks Nigel Farage should resign now?

Along with other UKIP MEPs.

UKIP have made clear that they are just a protest party. They hardly do anything useful - they don't vote on things. And now the UK will at least be leaving the EU Parliament (we'll probably stay in the single market), there really is nothing left for these people to do.

So why should they get to stay and draw a wage?

Farage is a threat to our negotiation with the EU. He turned up at Parliament today and basically taunted everyone. We need to foster good relationships with the EU - Farage is toxic and just doesn't help.

Scroll to see replies

We could go one step further and banish him to the British Antarctic Territory.
Original post by JamesN88
We could go one step further and banish him to the British Antarctic Territory.

Thats too nice, might I advise a deserted planet?*
But honestly, his speech today had a man holding his head in his hands with the level of arrogance. He is not going to do any good with Europe, he is just poisoning the well further and likely to trigger a harder response as a result. Get him far away from everything. *
Original post by elitepower
Thats too nice, might I advise a deserted planet?*
But honestly, his speech today had a man holding his head in his hands with the level of arrogance. He is not going to do any good with Europe, he is just poisoning the well further and likely to trigger a harder response as a result. Get him far away from everything. *

How he can stand there gloating and then in the same speech tell them all he's expecting tariff free trade is beyond me.

*I wouldn't want to risk Aliens ever encountering him and thinking that he represents our planet, or we might have a real Inde ****in pendence Day to deal with.:smile:
Original post by InnerTemple

UKIP have made clear that they are just a protest party. They hardly do anything useful - they don't vote on things. And now the UK will at least be leaving the EU Parliament (we'll probably stay in the single market), there really is nothing left for these people to do.

Farage is a threat to our negotiation with the EU. He turned up at Parliament today and basically taunted everyone. We need to foster good relationships with the EU - Farage is toxic and just doesn't help.

Poor Nigel has been the laughing stock at the EU for decades... he has finally stuck his meaty British sword into them. He deserves his moment of glory before them + his troll game is good
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Poor Nigel has been the laughing stock at the EU for decades... he has finally stuck his meaty British sword into them. He deserves his moment of glory before them + his troll game is good

I think he is still a laughing stock... along with the entire UK.*

No sooner had we declared independence and three regions of the UK started begging for EU money and we end up on our knees begging for favourable deals and continued membership of the single market.*

He is one hell of a troll I'll give him that. Despite thinking he's a total **** I can't help but find him entertaining at times.
I think he is still a laughing stock... along with the entire UK.*

No sooner had we declared independence and three regions of the UK started begging for EU money and we end up on our knees begging for favourable deals and continued membership of the single market.*

Fear not young one.. Boris is going to march over to brussels and sort them out. He is gonna tell no more immigrants, full trade continues AND the EU will now pay US 350 mil a week. Well in Boris
Fear not young one.. Boris is going to march over to brussels and sort them out. He is gonna tell no more immigrants, full trade continues AND the EU will now pay US 350 mil a week. Well in Boris

I'd have voted leave if Boris has told me this before.:biggrin:

He's kinda already said that, and the EU said no.

Plan B I guess!*
He's kinda already said that, and the EU said no.

Plan B I guess!*

Got a sneaky feeling article 50 wont be invoked and we will end up remaining
Got a sneaky feeling article 50 wont be invoked and we will end up remaining

Fingers crossed!
Well,

From what I understand, Farage has significant health issues from that helicopter crash a few years ago.

The question is whether he has the stomach to the next step with UKIP. My suspicion is that he may stop.

Regardless, he has been an incredible politician. The Leave Vote was really as a result of the years of work he did.
Oh, please shut up...

Saltwater is cascading over me, getting into my mouth and choking me; please make it stop. :frown:

All those salty tears and a bad drainage system in this country.

No, he should not. Because Brexit has not actually happened yet. We want a real exit, no free movement.
Reply 16
Original post by James.Carnell
No, he should not. Because Brexit has not actually happened yet. We want a real exit, no free movement.

Indeed. Unfortunately it's looking more and more likely that millions of his supporters are going to feel short-changed. Not by him but by the other leave politicians.

And so he simply must stay on. At least until the next election at any rate. (Whether he himself stands or not.)
He couldnt get elected as an MP in Thanet because the electors saw through the 'man with a pint' nonsense and realised that he was just a right-wing bigot who enjoys the sound of his own voice.

Nigel Farage is a stirrer who just enjoys upsetting the status quo. Beyond that he has no policies or plan. The sooner the British media just ignore him and stop giving him any air time, the better.
They should resign as UKIP MEPs and not take a salary from the EU.
It was farage who caused cameron to promise a referendum.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending