Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Rock and Metal Society

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moogen)
    Amon Amarth with Ensiferum! :eek: and we have to settle for seeing them play probably 25 mins opening Unholy Alliance...sucks! They're probably not gonna do a headlining tour are they?
    I have seen Amon Amarth headlining last year. That was a good bill cos they had Finntroll as co-headliners. But (despite plenty of opportunities) I have never seen Ensiferum, and Belphegor have released one of my favourite albums of 2008. That is one hell of a lineup!

In fact, Amon Amarth were in the UK a stupid number of times in the last 2 years. They did a tour with Wintersun (!!) and Tyr, which I missed. They did that tour with Finntroll that I just mentioned. And they supported Dimmu Borgir. And now they are supporting Slayer.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of Wintersun, is there any news of Jani having finished editing the album at all?!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blahbloo)
    Speaking of Wintersun, is there any news of Jani having finished editing the album at all?!
    Release has been pushed back to 2009 last I heard. Oh and its Jari! Jani's the ex-sonata arctica guitarist!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh gosh, pick on me for the wrong letter. :p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hehe sorry (I didn't make the exact same mistake myself about 2 weeks ago...:ninja: )
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moogen)
    I like me a bit of Death. Do Arsis count as tech death? I'm pretty crappy with my genres.

My fav releases so far this year (pretty much all been mentioned although I feel like I'm forgetting something):
    Opeth
    Testament
    Kalmah
    Scar Symmetry
    Meshuggah

Ihsahns new release is pretty good too, its also one of the few 'proggy' types of metal I can listen to, along with Opeth. Most prog metal just makes me wince
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been listening to Veil of Maya - Common Mans Collapse all weekend, its breakdowntastic. Think Meshuggah plus Protest The Hero. Really enjoy it.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Uh-oh. Testament...Well, I better check out their album pretty soon. 2008 has been a pretty poor year for me in terms of albums so far.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lateralus)
    I've been listening to Veil of Maya - Common Mans Collapse all weekend, its breakdowntastic. Think Meshuggah plus Protest The Hero. Really enjoy it.

Haha I didn't realize there was a band called Veil of Maya... I chose my name after the song by Cynic lol...

I'll check it out, it's on Napster so I can get at it lol...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gojira are supporting In Flames on their tour in September I'm getting my ticket on Tuesday for the Glasgow Barrowland, next door to my flat! Hope to see some of you ***** there.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    From Autumn To Ashes, Parkway Drive, In Flames, Bury Your Dead, Burning Skies, Mindless Self Indulgence, Machine Head, Alexisonfire, Comeback Kid, Lamb Of God, Devildriver, Architects, Stick To Your Guns, Darkest Hour, All That Remains, just some of my fav bands .
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Some really good bands there mate :yy: You seen any of them live?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to the Protest the Hero+Unearth+Despised Icon+some other bands tour this summer? I think it's called the Never say die tour or something. I'm hopefully seeing it when they play at Corp in Sheffield.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joekang)
    Anyone going to the Protest the Hero+Unearth+Despised Icon+some other bands tour this summer? I think it's called the Never say die tour or something. I'm hopefully seeing it when they play at Corp in Sheffield.
    I wanna see Unearth but I'm not too fussed about the rest of them. Depends how much it costs.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmilerNuts)
    I wanna see Unearth but I'm not too fussed about the rest of them. Depends how much it costs.
    Architects, Parkway Drive and Carnifex are there too . Ordered 6 tickets a few hours ago to the London date . Anyone going to As Blood Runs Black w/ Suicide Silence or the hell on earth tour with I think: Hell on Earth, Evergreen Terrace, Walls of Jericho, The Red Chord, Animosity, Stick To Your Guns, Cataract, The Destiny Program.. I hope to go to all of them .

I've seen Parkway Drive, In Flames, Bury Your Dead, MSI, Machine Head, Alexisonfire, Comeback Kid, Architects and All That Remains from that list before.

Saw a lot of them for a first time at Download this year, going to the Sunday at Reading too which should be cool. Gutted to be missing rage though, considering getting a weekend ticket just for Rage and the excessive camp site drinking :P
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think that's the Summer Slaughter tour (the one with suicide silence/as blood runs black etc.). One of my friends might be going, but I'm not too interested since I haven't heard much from any of the bands. Are they all similar genres or is it quite a varied tour?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind seeing Protest the Hero, but I'm not too fussed for the rest of them. Only gigs I've got plans for in the upcoming months are Pelican and Torche in B'ham.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joekang)
    I think that's the Summer Slaughter tour (the one with suicide silence/as blood runs black etc.). One of my friends might be going, but I'm not too interested since I haven't heard much from any of the bands. Are they all similar genres or is it quite a varied tour?
    Errm, As Blood Runs Black are more deathy than parkway drive, unearth etc.. So I'd probably say unearth with more of a death metal influence? Kinda despised icon'ish..
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Who the hell are those bands listed above....I certainly can say I have never heard of those. What genre are they??
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blahbloo)
    Who the hell are those bands listed above....I certainly can say I have never heard of those. What genre are they??
    Which ones do you mean in particular?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 19, 2014
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.