The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

anyone gonna see Toxic Holocaust, (supporting for 3 inches of blood)at the end of the month...
easy_lemon
Bloodstock was good, but seeing as I had been at Wacken the week before it fell short of expectations...the German fests are so much better. I intend to try Summer Breeze next year too - anyone up for a TSR Rock and Metal Soc excursion??! :biggrin:

Summer breeze?
Reply 2142
New Amon Amarth track:
http://www.myspace.com/amonamarth

Comments? Sounds good, but a bit like some of the more average tracks from the last two albums.

Also, that Enslaved album is downloading right now! Thanks for the tip. I'm seeing them live twice this Autumn :biggrin: :biggrin: Ruun has been on repeat for months.
Reply 2143
SmilerNuts
Summer breeze?

http://www.summer-breeze.de/site.php

RJA
New Amon Amarth track:
http://www.myspace.com/amonamarth

Comments? Sounds good, but a bit like some of the more average tracks from the last two albums.

Yeah heard the Amon Amarth track and its solid but nothing ground-breaking. I have no problem with that though - Amon Amarth have been pumping out consistently great albums since the beginning.
Reply 2144
Listened to most of the new Enslaved. Not as heavy their earlier stuff and the guitar is quite low in the mix on this leak anyway... I do love their clean singing passages though! It reminded me of Ulver in places.

Thanks for that :yy:

It actually looks really good, if only I'd heard about it sooner. Not sure what I'd pick given the choice between that and Hellfest though.
Any Meshuggah fans about? Im going to see them on the 5th of sept at the Astoria in London.
SmilerNuts.

Any other psot-hardcore/hardcore you like?
From Autumn To Ashes were so frickin good. Such a shame they split, can't wait for their new projects though. I've heard a bit of Warship and it's qutie good.
Any Ghost of a Thousand fans about? Or Gallows for that matter?
Reply 2148
I adore post-hardcore/hardcore/whatever it calls itself these days, but out of those the only band I enjoyed was Gallows, and even them I got bored of really quickly.
I know what you mean, there are alot of wannabe bands out there these days, who just cannot stand upto the proper bands, but for every bad band theres usually at least one who does it properly.
Reply 2150
If you enjoy British post-hardcore like Ghost of a Thousand and Gallows I urge you to check out both *SHELS and Devil Sold His Sold, two great London upcoming metal bands that share members, though are both very different from each. Stunning stuff, particually the former. Try and get a hold of the Laurentians Atoll EP or the album Sea of the Dying Dhow.
*soul, not sold :p:

Gallows are a pap smear, absolute pish. Ghost of a thousand are pretty good, seen them live twice.

And yeah, I like loads of bands from all sorts of genres. My mind has gone totally blank at the moment though :s-smilie:
Reply 2152
Whoops, my bad. :p: S'what I get for not double checking my posts. Good band, I was pretty excited for them when they were meant to play Damnation 07 but they pulled out. I was more pissed off about Narcosis pulling out due to the split, but all the same, DSHS sounded like they'd be pretty good live.

EDIT: There I go again, spelling split as splot instead. I've got you this time, cursed English!
Now you mention it, when is Damnation this year?
Reply 2154
Has my post-whoring of all the updates really gone that unnoticed? :p:

Nah, I kid. Damnation is the 22nd of November. I just booked my hotel at Vicar Lane Travelodge a few hours ago. Arrive on the Friday, shenanigans at the night, anarchy on the Saturday then a hungover train back to Wolves on the Sunday. :frown:
I remember you mentioned it a lot but totally forgot the dates. I've got a mate who's going to it but it's the day before my birthday and Opeth are playing Glasgow around the same time, which I think I'd rather see tbh.
Reply 2156
Psssh, Opeth tour all the time, Carcass do not. :p:

Nah thats cool, then. Opeth are the one band I really want to get into, but simply cannot. Frustrating.
Reply 2157
61e.CR
Opeth are the one band I really want to get into, but simply cannot. Frustrating.

Same here. I like their stuff when I listen to it... but whenever I'm not listening to them I'm apathetic about them.

Odd :/
Reply 2158
opeth are the best.they r coming to dubai next year i cant waittttttttttttt
Reply 2159
Calira
Same here. I like their stuff when I listen to it... but whenever I'm not listening to them I'm apathetic about them.

Odd :/

Theres this one song on the new album I love, The Lotus Eater, but I've given a few of their albums a try now and I just really can't seem to sit through them. When I saw them at Download in 06 they seemed really, really good live, but I couldn't properly enjoy it because the content just didn't sit right with me.

What a really annoying band, haha.

Latest