Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Rock and Metal Society

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 61e.CR)
    Theres this one song on the new album I love, The Lotus Eater, but I've given a few of their albums a try now and I just really can't seem to sit through them. When I saw them at Download in 06 they seemed really, really good live, but I couldn't properly enjoy it because the content just didn't sit right with me.

What a really annoying band, haha.

I haven't actually heard their most recent album yet :/. My favourite song by them I've heard is probably The Moor.

My friends assure me that their stuff will grow on me eventually if I give it time. I hope it does ^^
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Took me a while to get into them but it was definitely worth it.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    They're definitely not a band you can just pick up and get into on first listen, which I guess is good as it keeps the scene kids away.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I did. I saw the video from the last album (I forget the song title :rolleyes), and then I heard the full album version and loved it!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Opeth continually grow on me; the music just sounds better and better the more that I listen to it.
    At first I didn't get why people said they were so good; but the appreciation just took a while! I do like them a lot now.

I like Katatonia very much too; although I found them easier to get into than Opeth.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    atreyu, silverstein, rise against, avenged sevenfold anyone??? and biffy clyro are amazing but they're not really metal ooo and all that remains!! none of those are actually metal are they? screamo? melodicore?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Biffy- not metal, but deffinitly amazing. Been addicted since 2003. Seeing them for the 8th or 9th time at the end of this year- CANNOT WAIT !!
    • 4 followers

Age Of Silence, people? As a fan of bands like Arcturus and Vintersorg I should have known about them but I've just discovered them and I'm looking for recommendations.

I've been listening to Of Concrete And Glass for the past week and I need more now. :p:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not heard Age of Silence before, must check them out. I'm getting back into Thyrfing at the moment, they have an album out next month, and I'm seeing them live! :cool:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    According to last.fm, I listen to a lot of symphonic metal. I had no idea that was even a genre of music.

My fave bands atm are Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation and Tarja Turunen.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I always thought Emperor weren't bad musically but the vocals were attrocious. Nightwish were great before they got rid of Tarja-now they're just your average female fronted metal band. They no longer have distinction. I'm fond of Rhapsody and Dragonforce but the cheesiness of the lyrics can lose its appeal after a while. I'm mainly into classic old metal such as Maiden and Sabbath.

I guess I'd class myself as more of a blues/rock kind of guy in musical tastes. Bands like GnR, Zeppelin, Black Crowes etc.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ununpentium)
    According to last.fm, I listen to a lot of symphonic metal. I had no idea that was even a genre of music.

My fave bands atm are Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation and Tarja Turunen.
    Symphonic Metal is ftw
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    So who likes the new metallica song?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^^ Not heard it and don't intend to tbh.

Slipknot, Machine Head and COB tour, tickets on sale Wednesday. Anyone still interested?
    Also thinking of going to see Raging Speedhorn since that's only £7.50
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zophixan)
    So who likes the new metallica song?
    Got a link? I listened to those 2 songs they sort of released a few months back, and I've pretty much resigned myself to expecting another crap album.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    lol go to the metallica site. The day that never ends or something, its their new single.
    • 4 followers

(Original post by -Raziel-)
    Nightwish were great before they got rid of Tarja-now they're just your average female fronted metal band. They no longer have distinction.
    Agreed.

As for the new Metallica single... I'm not a fan. I don't like Metallica though. It's to be expected. :p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zophixan)
    lol go to the metallica site. The day that never ends or something, its their new single.
    After listening to it, I don't think my opinion has changed...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Another new Metallica song, My Apocalypse - http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601136

Its thrashtastic.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyone off to 3inches of blood + toxic holocaust on sunday?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 23, 2014
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.