The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5620
Original post by mikeyd85
Yup. and just when you start getting to the end of the list you inevitably discover a whole plethora of bands to add to it. Love it! :biggrin:

I've got Opeth coming up soon which will be awesome. Would like to see Sikth (when the eventually come back), Periphery, Infected Mushroom, Aphex Twin and a few others too at the mo! And they're just bands I've not seen before! :biggrin:

Those bands sound a bit hardcore for me! I'm more into hard rock/nu metal than heavy metal.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Nichrome
Anyone heard the OSK in its entirety? I must say I'm quite disappointed, could have been much better than it was. It was just pleasant rather than the mindblowing collaboration it should have been. Lots of flashes of brilliance in amongst the mediocrity, overall quite frustrating.

Yeah, just listened to it, it's pretty weak. I am disappoint.
Original post by Manitude
Because I like it, simply enough.

I'd consider going to Wacken or Graspop or Sonishpere outside of the UK or something if the lineups were good and it wasn't going to cost more overall.

Agreed! It'd be like a mini-holiday too. The Graspop line-up this year was awesome, shame I couldn't afford to go!
Original post by skotch
Those bands sound a bit hardcore for me! I'm more into hard rock/nu metal than heavy metal.

wat. Infected Mushroom... Aphex Twin.... metal.... does not compute.

Original post by Nichrome
Anyone heard the OSK in its entirety? I must say I'm quite disappointed, could have been much better than it was. It was just pleasant rather than the mindblowing collaboration it should have been. Lots of flashes of brilliance in amongst the mediocrity, overall quite frustrating.

It was exactly what I thought it would be going by the preview. Passable background music. People really need to get off of Neige's dick (I think that Lantlos is by far the best thing he's been involved in, and that's just his voice), and Drudkh really need to get their **** together and release this old/good Drudkh style album
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by concubine

It was exactly what I thought it would be going by the preview. Passable background music. People really need to get off of Neige's dick (I think that Lantlos is by far the best thing he's been involved in, and that's just his voice), and Drudkh really need to get their **** together and release this old/good Drudkh style album

Idk, I thought Alcest was/are pretty decent to be honest.
Haven't heard OSK the whole way through yet.

I also need moar Drudkh at some point. At the moment I'm sorting through Metallica and Guns n Roses folders that someone gave me yesterday. I'm kvlt like that.
Anyone else seen Between the Buried and Me recently? Saw them last night with Animals as Leaders, and they randomly played the whole of Colors. Wasn't expecting that, but pretty pleased. Have they been doing it at other shows? I know they did the Colors tour back when it came out, but recently.
My review of the new Steven Wilson record if anyone's interested

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/167858/9
Listening to Scars On Broadway at the moment, such a good band!
Reply 5628
Can anyone recommend some new artists for me to listen to? :biggrin:

My favourite bands are Deftones, Slipknot, Stone Sour, Korn, Enter Shikari, Nirvana... etc. So anything vaguely similar to those would be awesome!
Original post by KateMP

My favourite bands are Deftones, Slipknot, Stone Sour, Korn, Enter Shikari, Nirvana... etc. So anything vaguely similar to those would be awesome!

80's metallica are a bit different but might be a nice addition to those bands, I liked that sort of thing before I got into metallica.
Reply 5630
Original post by SwingOnTheSpiral88
80's metallica are a bit different but might be a nice addition to those bands, I liked that sort of thing before I got into metallica.

Already listen to Metallica! Thanks for the suggestion though :smile:
Original post by KateMP
Already listen to Metallica! Thanks for the suggestion though :smile:

ahh right, I'll offer one more then, have you listened to savatage before?
they somehow never got that well known but they are really good.
Reply 5632
ahh right, I'll offer one more then, have you listened to savatage before?
they somehow never got that well known but they are really good.

Nah I've never heard them, I'll give them a listen :smile: Cheers.
Original post by KateMP

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory, Rage Against the Machine, Papa Roach and Limp Bizkit based on the first two bands and Korn.
Maybe try listening to Hadouken! for Enter Shikari, they're not that similiar.
Original post by skotch
Anyone a Rise Against fan here?
Anyone heard of Black Stone Cherry?

Rise against fan here ! missed out on the Bristol tickets but going to see them in London on the 9th October :biggrin:
Original post by KateMP
Nah I've never heard them, I'll give them a listen :smile: Cheers.

right on |m|,

IMO one of their best songs is called surrender, it's a masterpiece. they've got loads of epic as **** songs though.
Reply 5636
Original post by Phil1541
Rise against fan here ! missed out on the Bristol tickets but going to see them in London on the 9th October :biggrin:

:O ahh that's awesome. I'm in love with their music at the moment. Broken Mirrors is so epic. Have you heard any songs from Endgame yet?
I love Rise Against also, seen them at Leeds but it's doubtful I can afford to find tickets for the tour coming up.
Reply 5638
Original post by robertlol
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory, Rage Against the Machine, Papa Roach and Limp Bizkit based on the first two bands and Korn.
Maybe try listening to Hadouken! for Enter Shikari, they're not that similiar.

I definitely should've listed more bands I like... I love Linkin Park, they're one of my favourites! I'll listen to the others though, cheers :smile:

right on |m|,

IMO one of their best songs is called surrender, it's a masterpiece. they've got loads of epic as **** songs though.

Listening to Surrender now, sounds pretty good :biggrin:

Original post by MindlessRobot
Three Days Grace.
Papa Roach
Avenged Sevenfold
Seether

Love A7x and Three Days Grace :smile: I'll give the other two a go, thank youuu!
Reply 5639
Anybody got some new albums to recommend? I feel like metal's been falling in standard recently. Seriously, the only good albums I've heard this year are Trivium's In Waves and The Final Frontier from Maiden (actually that was last year, wasn't it? Case in point).
The faith must not die : O

Can't join the thread, server not found : /
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest