The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
Erm... absolute metal 'must-haves' IMO:

Metallica - Kill Em All, Ride The Lightning
Sabbath - Everything up until and including 'Mob Rules'. Except for Technical Ecstasy
Death - First three
Maiden - All 80s stuff
Judas Priest - Everything except Ram It Down, Turbo, Jugulator and Nostradamus
Mayhem - Deathcrush, De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Burzum - First four
Darkthrone - First four
Gorgoroth - Pentagram, Antichrist, Destroyer
Bathory - Discography
Morbid Angel - First three
Autopsy - First two
Angel Witch - Angel Witch
Diamond Head - Lightning To The Nations
Slayer - First three
Napalm Death - First three
Terrorizer - World Downfall
Brutal Truth - Extreme Conditions Demand Extreme Responses
Exodus - Bonded By Blood
Testament - The Legacy
Sarcofago - INRI
Sepultura - Everything up to and including Arise
Vulcano - Bloody Vengeance
Marduk - Panzer Division Marduk
Suffocation - Pre-millenium stuff
Venom - First two
Helloween - Keeper I, Helloween EP
Mercyful Fate - S/T EP, Don't Break The Oath, Melissa
King Diamond - Abigail
Demigod - Slumber Of Sullen Eyes
Demilich - Nespithe
Running Wild - Everything up to and including Black Hand Inn
Blind Guardian - Somewhere Far Beyond, Imaginations From The Other Side
Carcass - First three
Bolt Thrower - Realm Of Chaos, War Master
Deep Purple - In Rock, Machine Head
Dissection - First two

This is very stream-of-consciousness, and I've missed tons, but if you're missing any of those you're missing out.

Forgot to add extreme aggression by kreator.:biggrin:
Original post by seasons of wither
anybody else think My Arms, Your Hearse is one of Opeth's best albums? i'm curious :smile:

I agree, but it's not a very good album, despite being their best - everything past Still Life is absolutely worthless.
Original post by Bonged.
Forgot to add extreme aggression by kreator.:biggrin:

If I were to add Kreator albums (which I admit, I forgot), it would be Pleasure To Kill first and foremost, and maybe Coma Of Souls.

Also I think I forgot Sodom. :facepalm: (In The Sign Of Evil and Persecution Mania obviously :tongue:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov6ngAHQoJU :biggrin:
+ morphogenesis <3

What do people think of Disturbed's latest album?
If I were to add Kreator albums (which I admit, I forgot), it would be Pleasure To Kill first and foremost, and maybe Coma Of Souls.

Also I think I forgot Sodom. :facepalm: (In The Sign Of Evil and Persecution Mania obviously :tongue:)

I'm a big fan of Enemy of God. Not the thrashiest or most extreme of their albums, but every song on it is good IMO.
Original post by lekha2611
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov6ngAHQoJU :biggrin:
+ morphogenesis <3

What do people think of Disturbed's latest album?

Not a fan of either Scar Symmetry or Disturbed, both too shallow in their songwriting (they're to good metal as White Wizzard are to Iron Maiden).
Not a fan of either Scar Symmetry or Disturbed, both too shallow in their songwriting (they're to good metal as White Wizzard are to Iron Maiden).

So what bands are you a fan of then?

over the top was a fun novelty song the first five times. Really need to stop quoting everything you say.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6369
Just had a listen to the upcoming Burzum album, am not disappointed. Slightly reminds me of his earlier work instrumentation wise. Pretty psyched to give it a proper listen when it comes out.

Original post by Veldrin
Just had a listen to the upcoming Burzum album, am not disappointed. Slightly reminds me of his earlier work instrumentation wise. Pretty psyched to give it a proper listen when it comes out.

It's a bit meh, just like Fallen which I was so underwhelmed by I only listened to it once. Don't really like the new style of vocals very much at all, compared to the first 4 albums.

I want to be there :sad:

x

Discharge are an awesome band. I've seen them... must be nigh on 4 times now. Most violent gig I've ever been to was a Discharge gig <3
Original post by Drunk Punx

Discharge are an awesome band. I've seen them... must be nigh on 4 times now. Most violent gig I've ever been to was a Discharge gig <3

In that case Saturday is gonna be even more awesome! Not heard enough Discharge before though really
Original post by Drunk Punx

I got my tickets off ebay, you might still have hope! :smile:

If you're into stoner/doom, sleep MUST be seen! :fuhrer:
Original post by Bonged.
I got my tickets off ebay, you might still have hope! :smile:

If you're into stoner/doom, sleep MUST be seen! :fuhrer:

Aha, awesome, I'll have a look :biggrin:
Original post by Veldrin

I dunno, He seems to use the same few chord progressions in every song. I know it's not his intention to make varied music, but really to me this sounds pretty much the same as Fallen...
Recently got tickets for 2 Guns N' Roses shows next month :biggrin: (Nottingham and Birmingham). Gonna be a damn good end-of-uni present for myself. (Alas, Download is proving unaffordable for me right now)
Anyone going bloodstock?
Just listening to a couple of tracks from Soulfly - Enslaved, my God it's heavy. Nice work lads.

Also, Meshuggah next week in Bristol, cannot wait.

Latest