The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6520
Original post by KiranG
so.much.death.metal... :nooo:

Thread is a br00tality contest.

Start a discussion on some other metal? Or 'rock', seeing as this is the "Rock and Metal Society"
Hey, is any one here selling any amps, or knows someone that is, Looking for either a Peavey 5150, Peavey 6505, any kind of ENGL that isn't the screamer, a Mesa Rectifier or Road King.

I am using the ENGL fireball with an orange 2x12 cab and my mate has this kind of meh Line 6 Spider IV head and a crappy Line 6 cab, don't mix well hehe.

Ebay is shot for any Peavey amps, people go overboard with pricing Mesa's, and gumtree has no ENGL's or Mesa's at the mo, and Peavey are a couple of hundred out of a reasonable price bracked.

Thanks

- S
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
Aren't Hell also on the Primordial tour? They're certainly a long shot than Winter-boring-fylleth.

lolworstpost

Ignoring that Hell suck, if you're going to see Primordial, and you find don't like/find Winterfylleth boring? dafuk is wrong with you? ;p

Original post by Betacra
Thread is a br00tality contest.

Start a discussion on some other metal? Or 'rock', seeing as this is the "Rock and Metal Society"

It's more just that the only people that bother sharing new and/or good bands are generally fans of extreme metal, and are genuine fans of music in general, as opposed to half hearted 'LED ZEPPEL RULE, I AM SO INTO REAL ROCK' types. ;p
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by concubine
lolworstpost

Ignoring that Hell suck, if you're going to see Primordial, and you find don't like/find Winterfylleth boring? dafuk is wrong with you? ;p

I'm not going to see Primordial, but they're one of the few good bands in a mostly tedious genre. Hell, on the other hand, just made what's probably the best UK trad album since the 80s.
I'm not going to see Primordial, but they're one of the few good bands in a mostly tedious genre. Hell, on the other hand, just made what's probably the best UK trad album since the 80s.

And what genre is that? Doom, or black metal, or 'folk metal'? Primordial are pretty unique sounding.
Reply 6525
Im guitarist in a four piece post hardcore/metal band from Liverpool, UK (were all20/21) and were looking for a reliable singer who can do clean and/or scream vocals between 18 and 28. We like stuff like A Day to Remember, Funeral For a Friend, Alexisonfire, Silverstein through to stuff like Killswitch Engage, Parkway Drive, Blessthefall, Architects etc - riffy but melodic with melody being important. We practice tuesday, wednesday or friday nights or on the weekend. We write original material. Lyric writing would be a plus but not essential. We want to start gigging ASAP and take this somewhere because the songs weve done so far are really exciting and cool

Get in touch if you fancy trying it, send us a demo if you have one or we'll tell you when we're next practicing

Cheers

Tom
[email protected]
add me on facebook
And what genre is that? Doom, or black metal, or 'folk metal'? Primordial are pretty unique sounding.

I was continuing with the comparison to Winterfylleth who play bog standard folky black metal, whereas Primordial's uniqueness is what makes them good.
Original post by seasons of wither
haha so true, i actually came in here today thinking i was going to ask what the Storm Corrosion album was like... i now feel too silly to do so.

It's a little stretched in places due to the lack of ideas, but they've done remarkably well considering Akerfeldt sings on it. Not nearly as good as Grace For Drowning, but infinitely better than Heritage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd_57q39HK4&feature=relmfu

Fumes of Decay.

Anyone that likes brutal death should give this a listen.

Also has anyone heard the new track from Defeated Sanity? I know it's like half a year later eh, but I kept meaning to give it a listen.
Original post by seasons of wither
how come you hate Mikael so much, out of curiosity? :tongue:

I don't hate him, I just think his clean vocals are appalling and Opeth are abominably overrated - in fact, I'd go as far as to say they're the most overrated metal band around. Should never have gone past the demo stage.
I was continuing with the comparison to Winterfylleth who play bog standard folky black metal, whereas Primordial's uniqueness is what makes them good.

If what you hear in Winterfylleth is 'bog standard folky black metal', you haven't heard enough 'bog standard folky black metal', yo.
Reply 6531
Which is why we're getting married and going to live in the mountains.

Haha.

Another love of mine:

and while I'm at it,
(edited 11 years ago)
If what you hear in Winterfylleth is 'bog standard folky black metal', you haven't heard enough 'bog standard folky black metal', yo.

The genre as a whole is largely uninspired. The few decent bands tend to depart from the norms - for instance, early Enslaved, Windir and Falkenbach.
The genre as a whole is largely uninspired. The few decent bands tend to depart from the norms - for instance, early Enslaved, Windir and Falkenbach.

Ah, I'll just leave this discussion as you don't appear all that well informed. :P

Original post by Salain
Haha.

Another love of mine:

and while I'm at it,

Never cared for Scald but Drowned rule. Hardly ever see or hear them mentioned... Anywhere. Viscera Terrae is great. I wish they'd do a full length or something, because I think I'd probably enjoy it more than Necros Christos.

:curious: I for one would cite Falkenbach as a perfect example of boring folky black metal :tongue:! Winterfylleth on the other hand, are awesome, and the new song I heard at the weekend was excellent, looking forward to new album.

Seeing as the topic has ventured onto vaguely obscure Old School DM, Cruciamentum are headlining some minifest this summer. Hope they release a full length at some point, though I found their EP kinda dull, nowhere near the quality of their demo.
Reply 6535
Anyone here a fan of Live - throwing copper guys...

how do you pronounce their name? live as live football match or live as will i live past 80??
Reply 6536
Anyone here a fan of Live - throwing copper guys...

how do you pronounce their name? live as live football match or live as will i live past 80??
Reply 6537
I like a few Live songs but not really a fan. Lightning Crashes is my fave song by them that i have.

Just because.
Wow, any Viking Metal fans? I just got into it. The first video I listened to:

Bloody manly, that was! I think I'll see if I can start up a Viking Metal society in this forum! :lol:
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest